Crash on Exit
It seems to be up now Smile

XBMCSetup-20121224-150611f-master.exe
do i simply just install this nightly over the top of the previous one or should i uninstall xbmc completely then install the latest nightly
(2012-12-25, 13:35)protocol77 Wrote: do i simply just install this nightly over the top of the previous one or should i uninstall xbmc completely then install the latest nightly

Just install
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi, seem to be having issues when exiting, see my log link below. Any help appreciated.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25458
(2013-01-02, 15:33)bungie240 Wrote: Hi, seem to be having issues when exiting, see my log link below. Any help appreciated.

You are running a non final release of XBMC Eden. This was about crashing on exit of Frodo.
First get a final release build and then better create a separate thread for that. If you are just starting using XBMC better install latest nightly version
http://xbmc.org/download/
(2013-01-02, 15:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 15:33)bungie240 Wrote: Hi, seem to be having issues when exiting, see my log link below. Any help appreciated.

You are running a non final release of XBMC Eden. This was about crashing on exit of Frodo.
First get a final release build and then better create a separate thread for that. If you are just starting using XBMC better install latest nightly version
http://xbmc.org/download/

Thanks, will try the latest nightly of Frodo.Blush
I have downloaded the latest official release and still having this issue..any fix¿
(2013-03-18, 00:36)Faire Wrote: I have downloaded the latest official release and still having this issue..any fix¿

no info, no fix.

we can't guess why it does that so provide the crashlog please
see Debug Log
Seems like it had to do with wrong audio configuration. The audio is fixed now so I'll test again once I get home and will let you know.
For me it was the UPNP server. Had to delete the userdata folder to disable the setting but after that it exits perfectly.
Its simple solution

Go to Configure System Settings -> Power saving -> Set the option Shutdown- > Shutdown .. Thats all

Initially it may be Shutdown -> Exit

This caused the crash on exit problem
Thank You :-)

Its simple solution

Go to Configure System Settings -> Power saving -> Set the option Shutdown- > Shutdown .. Thats all

Way to resurrect a year old thread about Frodo.
This is not just related to Frodo but also Gotham and Kodi. Tried them all on several platforms and no matter it was Intel or AMD I also got that crashing and handing on exit.

Never by simply starting XBMC/Kodi and exiting then but sometimes after watching a movie and very often after getting the addons updated...

so changing the shutdown option from exit to minimalize seems to fix it.
(2014-08-24, 11:44)bkbinesh Wrote: Its simple solution

Its simple solution

thanks!!!!! It worked out!!
This has cursed me for more than 3 years! None of the suggestions work, it still crashes. Finally decided to do something about it. This will force kill the process in windows command:

for Windows (All)

This applies to people using the default Confluence skin or CCM, Other skins may have the shutdown menu in a different xml

1) Find DialogButtonMenu.xml inside your skin folder and edit.

2) Find the code for the Exit Button:

Code:
            <control type="button" id="2">
                <description>Exit button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <textwidth>290</textwidth>
                <texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>Quit()</onclick>
                <pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13012</label>
                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
            </control>

3) Change <onclick>Quit()</onclick> to this:

Code:
<onclick>System.Exec ("taskkill.exe /im Kodi.exe /f")</onclick>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Exit0