Newbie having problems
Hi,

I am very new to xbmc (installed it about an hour ago) so please be gentle.

I have an issue where all my movies are showing and all the art and info downloads but the file size shows as 0 B so obviously when I go to play it nothing happens.

All my files are stored on a NAS box and the xbmc box just connects to that via a smb, the user account im using to access it is full admin.

Can anyone shed and light on this and help me out?

If you guys need some form of logs or something I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to gather them.

Thanks in advance Smile

Jay
Most likely a file permissions issue on the NAS box.
(2012-12-15, 01:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Most likely a file permissions issue on the NAS box.

Thanks for the reply but in using the admin account which is the owner and full admin of the files.
Are you able to access and play the movie files served from the NAS outside of XBMC, preferably from the same system on which XBMC is installed?
(2012-12-15, 02:54)artrafael Wrote: Are you able to access and play the movie files served from the NAS outside of XBMC, preferably from the same system on which XBMC is installed?

Yes that works fine, I have however just added the path using zeroconf and it works.

What is the difference between zeroconf and adding it via smb?
In theory, nothing. Zeroconf is just a way to "announce" services available to the network, so it's another way to find the same SMB server. I have noticed that adding SMB servers via zeroconf will use the IP address, while using the SMB browser will use the NetBIOS name. That might be why one worked and the other didn't, but that would be kind of odd.
(2012-12-15, 13:07)Ned Scott Wrote: In theory, nothing. Zeroconf is just a way to "announce" services available to the network, so it's another way to find the same SMB server. I have noticed that adding SMB servers via zeroconf will use the IP address, while using the SMB browser will use the NetBIOS name. That might be why one worked and the other didn't, but that would be kind of odd.

Ok thanks for the explanation, it's working now so all is good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie having problems0