• 29(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
Hello,

Can anyone assist me with getting the subtitles to work in the Viki addon, the videos load fine, but no subtitles. It's Dknight version 1.1.44. Thanks!
Never mind, I finally got the subtitles to work after installing Majide's version, but the show I was looking for Bride of the Water God is not available on it. Guess I'll see if it's on Dramafever.
@Tigerfly, you can find "Bride of the Water God" in VikiR addon >> Recent Series >> Bride of the Water God if is not GeoBlocked in your country. You can try to activate DEBUG Mode, wich is available in the addon settings in latest v0.3.0 available tommorow. This debug mode will enable to view all titles of shows and episodes (playable or not), but not GeoBlocked content, because the addon is based on official API.

@ginamarat, like you said "...just don't understand why VikiR's search doesn't work when VPN is ON...The issue is with ... Android OS. Testing it on the PC with VPN on, the search works fine". The addon search function returns what the Viki service API returns. The diferent behavior in Android & PC OS's shows, that you have issues with VPN support on your Android device. Maybe IP leaking someway or something else... I don't know Huh
Thank you Majide, just to confirm, it only doesn't work on the Nvidia Shield for some reason. I also have other android tv boxes with the same VPN software and VikiR works fine on them when the VPN is ON. Only on the Shield does it not work. Very strange.
(2017-07-28, 16:20)Tigerfly Wrote: Never mind, I finally got the subtitles to work after installing Majide's version, but the show I was looking for Bride of the Water God is not available on it. Guess I'll see if it's on Dramafever.

BTW the problem in the original Viki was due to how the addon was starting the subtitles. Using that method the addon has to wait until Kodi actually starts playing the video before the subtitle file can be started. I haven't studied the code, but I think Majide handles starting the subs in a better method. VikiR and DF also store "watched" status which is a very nice feature.

scott s.
(2017-07-25, 21:46)Majide Wrote: @ginamarat, there is no such show on viki website:

@padvisor, v4.2 has the same system requirements as v4.0. Can you show me a Kodi log file for checking?

Majide, please forgive me, I'm not very computer literate. This is the only way I can show you the log report.

Error: CcurlFile: Open failed with code 0 for hhtp://feeds.kodi.tv/updated_xbmc_addons
Error: CCurlFile;;FillBuffer-Failed. Couldn't resolve host name{6}
Error: Unable to obtain rss feed

I hope this helps
(2017-07-28, 21:50)scott967 Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 16:20)Tigerfly Wrote: Never mind, I finally got the subtitles to work after installing Majide's version, but the show I was looking for Bride of the Water God is not available on it. Guess I'll see if it's on Dramafever.

BTW the problem in the original Viki was due to how the addon was starting the subtitles. Using that method the addon has to wait until Kodi actually starts playing the video before the subtitle file can be started. I haven't studied the code, but I think Majide handles starting the subs in a better method. VikiR and DF also store "watched" status which is a very nice feature.

scott s.

Hi Scott,

Can you please show me how to install the Drama fever addon ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
sviet
Does anyone have an Nvidia Shield? Can someone please let me know if the VikiR addon works with IPVanish on? I keep having issues with the addon not being able to use it with my IPVanish VPN. Thanks.
@ginamarat

We provide no support for VPN's
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can completely understand that. Thank you again Majide for your help on this. Much appreciated.
Hey padvisor, did you manage to install successfully vikir addon? If not, first try to install script.module.urlresolver from the official repository. After that try with latest vikir version 0.4.0.

More recent version of script.module.urlresolver can be found on github.
Hi Majide,

Are the streams playable in the latest version of your add-on all SD, or can I select HD version in settings.

Thanks.
In VikiR addon all stream are playable and you can manually choose preferred quality/resolution from the addon settings. If you choose MPEG-DASH or HLS-M3U8 profile then inputstream.adaptive addon/Kodi itself, will determine quality/resolution.
Did VikiR stop working? It hasn't worked in 2 days. I have .40 version.

The regular (other) Viki plugin also stopped working months ago.
Yes and No. There is problem indeed and i will check it out. Until fix for VikiR is released (v0.4.1), you can change VikiR settings to fixed quality (480p, 720p or 1080p) and set player mode to DEBUG mode. Some titles will play OK in DEBUG mode, but many others will not. Stay tuned!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4