Quartz on Raspberry Pi
Has anyone had any luck getting this installed on the raspberry pi having some issues getting installed just not sure if its possible any one?
I had used quartz and quartz reloaded a few months ago. They might work now, but maybe not due to the Frodo requirements.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I think it all has to do with the frodo requirements i will have to research a little says dependencies not met.
worked for me on my v2 512mb Rpi using openelec img r12699.img (aka frodo)

Probably a smarter way but this worked for me:
- go to https://github.com/pecinko/quartz.reloaded and click on a ZIP icon.
- on your computer extract the zip folder
- using SFTP go to "/storage/.xbmc/addons" on your XBMC
- dump the folder in there (make sure files are only one level deep... )
- go into your XBMC; Setting > Appearance > Skin > change to quartz (you may have to reboot after dumping the files as it doesn't seem to do a refresh on the available skins)

good luck,
-aPeg
It works but there are a few glitches - if you exit to main menu without closing the player then the stream continues, but after a while it starts audio spluttering in the background - unlike Confluence which just keeps playing in the background.
(2012-12-18, 01:04)apeg Wrote: worked for me on my v2 512mb Rpi using openelec img r12699.img (aka frodo)

Probably a smarter way but this worked for me:
- go to https://github.com/pecinko/quartz.reloaded and click on a ZIP icon.
- on your computer extract the zip folder
- using SFTP go to "/storage/.xbmc/addons" on your XBMC
- dump the folder in there (make sure files are only one level deep... )
- go into your XBMC; Setting > Appearance > Skin > change to quartz (you may have to reboot after dumping the files as it doesn't seem to do a refresh on the available skins)

good luck,
-aPeg

I will give this a shot and see keep hearing so much about this theme really want to try it out. When you say one level deep just drop into addons with quartz as folder and the files in it?
Got this to work just very hard to control on the raspberry pi i notice.
What about it is hard to control? I use both quartz and quartz reloaded on my pi's, and couldnt be more happy, particularly with reloaded.
I've got this running the the 512 B Pi, It is my default skin, running absolutely beautifully and fast, it ran even faster when I optimised a few overlay png files.

WELL DONE !!!!! and Thank You
(2013-03-13, 18:52)PISTONRIPPER Wrote: I've got this running the the 512 B Pi, It is my default skin, running absolutely beautifully and fast, it ran even faster when I optimised a few overlay png files.

Thanks for feedback.

What was optimization about - resizing overlays from 1080p to 720p?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-03-13, 20:38)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 18:52)PISTONRIPPER Wrote: I've got this running the the 512 B Pi, It is my default skin, running absolutely beautifully and fast, it ran even faster when I optimised a few overlay png files.

Thanks for feedback.

What was optimization about - resizing overlays from 1080p to 720p?

Yes...

Could you throw any other recommendations....
Yup. Disable fanart in panel, big list, slide and thumbnails views.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yea I think need some optimization for Pi. I don't know what do you need but it's not so smooth on Pi Sad

This is my default skin for all my XBMC Boxes. ION & Pi
(2013-04-07, 10:54)queeup Wrote: Yea I think need some optimization for Pi. I don't know what do you need but it's not so smooth on Pi Sad

This is my default skin for all my XBMC Boxes. ION & Pi

Hmm.. Are you comparing ION experience vs RPi or do you have better results with other skins?

Have you tried Quartz Reloaded? It seems to be RPi user's skin of choice.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes I compare with ion vs pi experience. No I didn't tried reloaded yet. But quartz shouldn't be better performance then reloaded? I thought quartz more lighter then reloaded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quartz on Raspberry Pi0