Req "Add to Tag" option from context menu
Love using the new tag feature, but have found the process of tagging movies as it is now a bit tedious. I think it would help a lot if there was a way to tag a movie from the library, since it's easier and more pleasant to browse than the barebones list currently offered. A context menu option could make the whole process a breeze. As I imagine it, it would allow the movie to be added to one or more existing tags, plus have an option to create a new tag to add it to.
I didn't add that option to the context menu yet because it is already overused and the more options there are the more confusing it gets. Same goes for set management. A better option might be to integrate this into the movie info view. You can already change artwork etc there so maybe adding a "Manage tags" and "Manage sets" option there would make this possible without cluttering the UI. But that's just an idea I had. Any other ideas are welcome.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is it possible that you have a button "manage" in the context menu and when clicked open a new list with "sets/tags/artwork" and so on?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That could work. There would be quite a few context menu options which could be moved there like "Edit title", "Link to TV Show" etc and would also help in cleaning up the context menu in general.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-12-18, 09:19)Montellese Wrote: That could work. There would be quite a few context menu options which could be moved there like "Edit title", "Link to TV Show" etc and would also help in cleaning up the context menu in general.

+10 Smile
IMO they all belong on the info dialog.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Or at least a keymappable action.
IMO keymappable actions are very non-intuitive because there is no place in the GUI that will tell you "if you press key X, it will do Y". The same already applies to e.g. the context menu action. There's no way for a new xbmc user to know that he can bring up the context menu by pressing C without going to the wiki to find it out or by pressing all the buttons on his remote/keyboard and see what happens. Right-clicking on a mouse is a different kettle of fish because users are used to opening a context-aware menu through right-clicking on a mouse.

That doesn't mean that such an action couldn't be keymappable but IMO there should be a way to access it through the GUI without having to know about some special key-press combination.
+10

for a tag and set option in context menu
What I would like is for tag group to show up as set and not in a different submenu.
(2012-12-19, 21:39)Tuxon86 Wrote: What I would like is for tag group to show up as set and not in a different submenu.

That is not what this thread is about
(2012-12-19, 22:15)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 21:39)Tuxon86 Wrote: What I would like is for tag group to show up as set and not in a different submenu.

That is not what this thread is about

At least I got an answer of sort... Not much help or love coming from the general help section. Tongue
(2012-12-18, 13:37)Montellese Wrote: IMO keymappable actions are very non-intuitive because there is no place in the GUI that will tell you "if you press key X, it will do Y". The same already applies to e.g. the context menu action. There's no way for a new xbmc user to know that he can bring up the context menu by pressing C without going to the wiki to find it out or by pressing all the buttons on his remote/keyboard and see what happens. Right-clicking on a mouse is a different kettle of fish because users are used to opening a context-aware menu through right-clicking on a mouse.

That doesn't mean that such an action couldn't be keymappable but IMO there should be a way to access it through the GUI without having to know about some special key-press combination.

I had looked at putting a context option in the main menu that i am using throughout the skin. But you need focus on the movie to bring up the context. Seeing as context is almost only for the main container a small change in behavior would allow for a button or item that would bring up context for the item that was last in focus in the main container.

Also +1 on moving some of the context stuff to the info screen.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Hi,

i hope there will come a context menu solution for this, but so long is there any way to get a keymapping for add to tag ?

I have a tag called "watchlist" there i have tagged all my movies i want to see. Now i want a kemap with a hardcoded add to watchlist tag and a keymap with remove from watchlist tag. Is there a option to do this and if yes how is the string ?

Eisi
(2012-12-26, 11:38)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

i hope there will come a context menu solution for this, but so long is there any way to get a keymapping for add to tag ?

I have a tag called "watchlist" there i have tagged all my movies i want to see. Now i want a kemap with a hardcoded add to watchlist tag and a keymap with remove from watchlist tag. Is there a option to do this and if yes how is the string ?

Eisi

There isn't. It only works under Videos -> Library -> Movies -> Tags

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Add to Tag" option from context menu1