Req "Add to Tag" option from context menu
Thanks for your fast answer.

Eisi
I'm also for a "manage/edit" view. All the stuff like "change/choose artwork", "edit title", "update/rescrape" should be moved there and stuff like tags and sets added to it. This view should then be linked from the info window + the context menu. Sounds like a nice new feature for Frodo+1
sorry for the question here but i dont found an universal tag thread.

is there a chance that the movieselection for a tag could be sort with article ? For movie library i could set an option if article will be ignored but for tag selection articles will be ignored ever. It is sometimes very confused to find the right movie Smile

All requests/ideas/suggestions expressed in this thread have my enthusiastic support. I just want to add that their common denominator is a way to edit NFO files ---or perhaps more usefully, the database directly---, without having to go to the PC.

Once the need for such a feature is recognized, the question poses itself which items should make it to the list of editable tags. IMO genre, outline, plot, and credits should also make it to the list. Perhaps users should be polled as to which tags they often edit per hand, and how often.

At the end of the day the list may become quite large --- say 10 items ---, in which case the only way to present it is as a sub-menu.

IMO this sub-menu it should be invokable (1) from file mode context menu, (2) from library mode context menu, (3) as en extra node in library view, and (4) (as Montellese suggested) integrated into the various media info view modes as an extra "Edit" button.

In order to make this feature truly useful, edits should take effect instantly. In other words, the database, not the NFO, must be edited. (To the extent that the database is by design not normalized, this would not be a trivial task. But I understand that it can be done.)

Just want to add another +1 for the ability to tag from the context menu. It would be a massive usability improvement. Does anyone know if any of the ideas here are being worked on?
We created an entire section for thus do you guys can see what the team is thinking
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154474
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I cant post in the linked thread, but it seemed to veer off from the topic of this thread.

Did anything come of this?

I love the idea of the Manage option, but I'd really like an ability to manage tags directly from the movie first and foremost. There's a pressing need for that, and the rest is merely moving stuff around that already exists.

But once we have that, it would be great to replace it with the Manage feature on the context menu. I dont like the idea of moving those functions off into info screen.

Imagine you are looking at your list of movies, and want to tag a bunch of them.

With the context menu: for each movie, you click c, choose the manage option, then choose tag, then add them.
With the info menu, for each movie you click I, then have to navigate withing this screen and are subject to how skinners set it up to how user friendly it is. Do they add a manage button on this screen, in which case there's a redundant button click for every movie.

You can already click edit title from context menu, it seems sensible to me replace that with Manage/Edit Movie Data.

From the linked thread above, some people were commenting that they didn't like Update Library in the context menu. I dont think it should be moved - it's usually when you are navigating your movies that you realise some havent been scanned in, so you decide to do a update library. You dont want to frorce users to then navigate back out to the top, then find a submenu to trigger update library, and then make their way back to the specific tv./movie/playlist/set/tag view they were at before. So update library clearly is an action appropriate for the context menu.

On that subject, da-anda made this suggestion:

Code:
Where would you like to scan for new content:
- only in "name of current share"
- in all my "movie/tv-show/music-video/music" shares (depending on content type of share)
- entire library (caution, might take a while)
- cancel
I would add an extra option:

Code:
Where would you like to scan for new content:
- this specific movie (refresh just the selected movie)
- only in "name of current share"
- in all my "movie/tv-show/music-video/music" shares (depending on content type of share)
- entire library (caution, might take a while)
- cancel

So the modified final menu might look something like:

Code:
*queue item
*play/play from here
*movie information
*add to favourites (very common to need - dont want to create another click for reach them)
*mark as watched/unwatched (very common to need - dont want to create another click for reach them)
*manage movie
       -edit title
       -link to tv show
       -remove from library
       -add/edit art
       -add to tag
       -add to set
*manage library
       - refresh this specific movie (refresh just the selected movie) - actually this is probably better in the manage movie submenu instead
       - refresh/scan content for "name of current share"
       - refresh/scan all my "movie/tv-show/music-video/music" shares (depending on content type of share)
       - refresh/scan entire library (caution, might take a while)
       - cancel

How does that sound?
(2013-07-11, 05:32)MeMeMe Wrote:

So the modified final menu might look something like:

Code:
*queue item
*play/play from here
*movie information
*add to favourites (very common to need - dont want to create another click for reach them)
*mark as watched/unwatched (very common to need - dont want to create another click for reach them)
*manage movie
       -edit title
       -link to tv show
       -remove from library
       -add/edit art
       -add to tag
       -add to set
*manage library
       - refresh this specific movie (refresh just the selected movie) - actually this is probably better in the manage movie submenu instead
       - refresh/scan content for "name of current share"
       - refresh/scan all my "movie/tv-show/music-video/music" shares (depending on content type of share)
       - refresh/scan entire library (caution, might take a while)
       - cancel

How does that sound?

Sounds great! Definitely an improvement over the actual menu. But let's focus on tags again.

I guess most people (me included) use the tag feature as a workaround to create a smart-playlist for their needs (especially a watchlist or even multiple watchlists for multiple users).

So tags would not be such a big thing (at least for me), if i could create (dumb-)playlists. I mean plain simple playlist to wich i add items manually. The most common solution would be an option like "Add to playlist" in the movie information mode/window, wich would allow me to add the movie only to (dumb-)playlists (or better let's say watchlists in this case).

Actually this was the first big missing feature for me, when i started to use XBMC. Why isn't their a feature for one or more watchlists? Even AppleTV has a watchlist.
Hope it is not bad form to post in an old thread here.
I was looking for info on exactly this and thought it better to post here rather than start a new thread.
Thanx for all your hard work. Love your stuff!

Ah well.

Any news on this feature request in any other way, shape or form? I have searched but found nothing.

A way to tag or add a movie to a playlist directly from the contextual menu would really be very, very useful indeed. Alternatively another keycommand and json command for it would be great too.
+1
This is a nice addon with this feature but it dont work with kodi 15 Sad

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...g+overview
(2015-04-28, 19:38)Eisi2005 Wrote: This is a nice addon with this feature but it dont work with kodi 15 Sad

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...g+overview

Thanx Eisi2005. That addon is pretty much exactly the right idea but seems abandoned.
I have installed to test it it but can't find a way to bind the key command to a json code.
I need one, as I have no keyboards connected and use only JSON to control my Kodibox.
Anything you've come across? Post there if you have? thanx
Any news about manage tags from context or movie Info?
After kodi 16 is released, is there any new hope for a tag system from context menu with kodi 17 ?
(2016-03-08, 15:20)Eisi2005 Wrote: After kodi 16 is released, is there any new hope for a tag system from context menu with kodi 17 ?

Just a +1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Add to Tag" option from context menu1