New to Pi and XBMC, just not working
I got a Pi and downloaded the Rasbmc (on recomendation) set it up in Windows installer.

Put the SD card in the Pi and it booted fine. However trying to install new themes I get the "add-on has been marked as broken in repository" error and can't switch it.

I had to FTP the Quartz theme onto the card unzipped as it would not unzip from the USB. Then I had to delete a db file (found after googling the problem). The theme then worked.

However it is not picking up my files from my NAS using either NFS or SMB

I have changed permissions and set folders to be open to these sharing types and the Pi will see it and let me navigate to the folder but never display the files to actually play them.

A friend has the same device but has a 8gb Class 10 memory card, and I can't off the top of my head remember what type of card I use.

I will check, but he mentioned that might be why it worked for him and not for me.

Any body else seen this problem and have any answers?

(NAS is a Synology DS212j)

Thanks
Tom
The NFS situation sounds exactly like the one I started with, and is described in the wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS...gy_or_QNAP

In short, you need to add the "insecure" option to your NFS server's exports, so they can then be mounted by non-root users on the client. I don't know why the SMB browse would behave like this though (although, thinking about it, I've done mine with public access, so maybe you've got a security issue there too). Can you access the share from Windows Explorer?)
Because you're browsing for media sources, sources are directorys and not files. Once the source is added you can browse the files in the source through the video tab on the main screen. Once you scan these sources to the library movies and tv tabs will show up on the main screen. Read the xbmc wiki.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I have Synology 409 and I had to tweak the exports just like wimble said in order to use NFS shares. Works ok for me.
Smile

I believe NFS being better choise than SMB in performance perspective..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to Pi and XBMC, just not working0