Update Library on Startup Failing (Frodo)
Same problem here as well as two other people I know...

Is the fix to go back to XBMC 12?
Same here - 95% of the time XBMC 12 does not update the library on startup (from SMB shares). Have to close and re-open XBMC for it to happen and sometimes not even that works the first time.
I installed a plugin and now it works... but like others said not always. Think I am just going to install xbmc 11 as it worked great out of the box. I couldn't find the xbmc 11 download on xbmc, and I did a fresh install a while back on my HTPC so that is why I just installed 12... But I think I might have a 11 setup file on my main pc.
Hmm I have this same issue :-(
Same issue here. Version 11 works perfectly, 12 refuses to auto update. Thinking of going back to 11 as no solution for 12 seems to exist.
well same issue here,

I can see that it has been quite a while that serious solutions were suggested. Also does it seem not to happen for everybody as this topic is read very well (1200+ readers), but not a lot of posts
I have also problem with library update on startup. I am using Linux, Ubuntu 12.04 but when I start Eden, update runs about 1 sec and then it's over and nothing new is not in library. Same as Frodo. So how I can debug where is the problem? I am shared my files over Windows 7 Pro. I also tried map those shares directly on Linux but that not helped. I also removed whole .xbmc folder and reconfigured XBMC but still I got same problem.

When I manually update libray in Videos -> Files -> Context Menu -> Scan for new content, then library updates.

But when I use Frodo in Windows 7 Pro all updates works fine.

Edit. I found solution. I removed Exclude path from library updates in content settings and after that update on startup is working.
(2013-03-03, 01:19)xbmcvdr Wrote: I have also problem with library update on startup. I am using Linux, Ubuntu 12.04 but when I start Eden, update runs about 1 sec and then it's over and nothing new is not in library. Same as Frodo. So how I can debug where is the problem? I am shared my files over Windows 7 Pro. I also tried map those shares directly on Linux but that not helped. I also removed whole .xbmc folder and reconfigured XBMC but still I got same problem.

When I manually update libray in Videos -> Files -> Context Menu -> Scan for new content, then library updates.

But when I use Frodo in Windows 7 Pro all updates works fine.

Edit. I found solution. I removed Exclude path from library updates in content settings and after that update on startup is working.

I am having the same issues as OP, all of my "exclude path from library updates" settings are off for both my movies and tv. Anyone find an issue? I really don't want to have to format my HTPC at this point, but it seems like it might be the only way.

EDIT: Looks like if you ping the machine first then open xbmc everything works like it should. So I made a .bat file with the following:

Quote:ping [YOUR-SHARE-COMPUTER-NAME-OR-IP-HERE]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

I couldn't figure out how to close the console while the app is running (not sure if its possible) in order to make it cleaner, but at least it works.

EDIT2: I just realized if XBMC does [not] open in fullscreen mode (after a computer restart), then it updates the libraries without issue. If XBMC [does] open in full screen mode (after a computer restart), then it does not update the libraries correctly until you do a manual update.. Huh
I also have the same problem...but it IS only on version 12. I have v12 on my laptop and v11 on a computer connected to my tellie. Just for kicks, I turned on the update library option on both machines and got two TOTALLY different results. v11 runs like nothing happened, except processor load and (obviously) network and HD activity. v12 went spasmatic on my butt...it flicks the screen really fast with the XBMC logo and my pointer leaves trails. This goes on for 5 minutes or so, then the screen goes black and after some prodding, it eventually lets me into the home menu. Not sure if it's add-ons (Library Updater) or what, but I've turned the option back off and it doesn't seem to fix the problem...

VERY strange!
Got Frodo installed on 2 machines. One of which was built ground up for the install. Tv scraping fails on both machines.

Movie scraping however is working fine.

Both machines read the content from my NAS over SMB shares

Cheers
Dal
Can people that are having issues try starting XBMC in windowed mode after a computer reboot to see if their libraries update correctly? This seems to be the only way to get a consistent update on boot for me.
Tried windowed mode as well with no luck. I also tried switching to SMB mounts for my NAS which failed.

Looks like it's just those of us using NAS for storage that are having this issue. I'm wondering if it's not due to a timeout issue.

I've switched back to EDEN temporarily and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Hope this gets addressed in one of the upcoming builds.
(2013-03-09, 17:54)Dalwinder Wrote: Got Frodo installed on 2 machines. One of which was built ground up for the install. Tv scraping fails on both machines.

Movie scraping however is working fine.

Both machines read the content from my NAS over SMB shares

Cheers
Dal

Started XBMC today and noticed an update for the TV scraping addon. All started to work for me today.
Hello,

I have the same problem, and i found a solution.
When i start windows 7 pro without a password then is have the problem with the SMB shares in Xbmc.
When i start windows with a password then the problem is gone.

How to automatically logon to windows 7
Start -> Run -> netplwiz (enter / ok)
In the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
Then click on apply.
Then enter your account password in the two fields where it's asked.
And click on Ok
Unfortunately, that solution does not work for me.

Maybe XBMC 12.1 will fix this issue? I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library on Startup Failing (Frodo)0