Update Library on Startup Failing (Frodo)
(2013-03-19, 10:02)Arfman Wrote: Unfortunately, that solution does not work for me.

Maybe XBMC 12.1 will fix this issue? I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Alas .. 12.1 does not fix the SMB scanning issue at startup. Does anyone know if I can downgrade to 11 AND keep my library? Or do I have to scan it all over again? This bug is so annoying I'm willing to downgrade, even if I lose the library.
My storage is all local, I don't have any shares for XBMC to scan and I've been getting the problem ever since I upgraded to Frodo 12.0 and now 12.1. SO I think the SMB theory is a red herring. There was much talk of this being the TVDB site being overloaded but this seems to have gone on for ages now, has this theory been shot down as well?
(2013-03-20, 14:20)BrianT Wrote: My storage is all local, I don't have any shares for XBMC to scan and I've been getting the problem ever since I upgraded to Frodo 12.0 and now 12.1. SO I think the SMB theory is a red herring. There was much talk of this being the TVDB site being overloaded but this seems to have gone on for ages now, has this theory been shot down as well?
If TheTVDB was overloaded, why does my XBMC 11 still scrape everything correctly? That's using TheTVDB as well, right?

But if you're using local storage and get this bug as well, it means there is some bug in the scanning/scraper process in XBMC 12/12.1 And if that were the case, why aren't there any more people complaining about it?
OK for me the problem is solved, I had a folder (local) selected to be scanned which had a mix of concerts both recorded from TV and on DVD/BR these were set in the scraper to scan as music videos when it couldn't find an item it threw up the dialogue box, I've now told not not to scan for those items that probably don;t exist in a database anywhere and moved the location of the DVD/BR files and now all is good.
As I say it worked for me and it was my fault it was wrong in the first place, so all I would say is check VERY carefully what your're asking it to look for.
Good it's solved for you. This is not the solution for me, however. I have TV Shows and Movies setup in different folders. XBMC in the living room (Eden) scrapes both correctly. XBMC in the bedroom (Frodo) only scrapes after I try a few times, but not automatically.
(2013-03-21, 15:55)Arfman Wrote: Good it's solved for you. This is not the solution for me, however. I have TV Shows and Movies setup in different folders. XBMC in the living room (Eden) scrapes both correctly. XBMC in the bedroom (Frodo) only scrapes after I try a few times, but not automatically.

Have you tried running a debug log and looking at where it's falling over, That's what I did and whilst it didn't tell em exactly what the problem was it gave me enough information to figure it out for myself
I'm experiencing the exact same problem since Frodo on all my smb paths.

Manual scan from the context menu does not work either, I have to go inside a folder and then back to do a successful manual scan.
Restarting xbmc (not windows) and again scan does not work.
jackyNIX on Soundcloud, Mixcloud and Facebook
FYI,

I'm glad i ran across this thread (i'm not the only one). I've been trying to figure out why i have the same issue.

I'm running 12.1 on Win 7 x64. I use a password that auto logs in. I have 4 local drives that all files are on. The movies and tv shows are in separate folders.

The scrapers cause a startup error. When i disable the scrapers no error, but no scraping. I tried both Universal Movie Scraper and The Movie Database.

I didn't have this issue with 11.

I'm waiting for an update, because with this many people experiencing this, there must be a bug of some sort.
well i think that the people with the so called bug need to provide a Debug Log,
and then perhaps report it on trakt
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I had already provided a log in the related thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155664&page=2) which has expired in the meantime due to pastebin.

The bottom line of it:
17:24:27 T:3812 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'smb://192.168.0.10/media/Videos/xxx/yyy/' does not exist - skipping scan.

XBMC 12.1 does not solve it for me, neither does the logon with password. Btw: It works perfect on RaspBMC with the same version of XBMC...
< removed >
Also having this issue, and in the current state my XBMC installation is permanently stuck on "preparing" every time I launch it.

XBMC log: Removed as issue is resolved.

UPDATE: Fixed the issue by going into saved credentials on my PC and adding the SMB password for the shared folder.
Start -> run -> netplwiz -> advanced -> manage passwords -> windows credentials -> add a windows credential -> network address: \\NAMEOFSHARE

As soon as this was added, the library refreshed and everything is working fine now Smile
I don't think this issue gets much attention from the devs. Even with the latest pre2 release, the problem is still there. I cannot understand why I'm having this problem and why no one seems to notice it.
I'm not experiencing exactly the same issue but very similar. I experience a very consistent full minute delay when launching xbmc for the first time. As in, I see the black XBMC splash screen for a full minute before it launches. I experienced a multitude of problems when I updated to Frodo, but I have since blown out my db's and started from scratch. This solved all the problems i WAS experiencing but now I'm experiencing the aforementioned minute pause when initially loading XBMC. Here is a thread I started elsewhere on the forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162603. And here is a debug log: pastebin.com/A7MAQnWD

edit: I forgot to mention that I'm experiencing this on all my installations (HTPC running Win7, Mac Mini running Mountain Lion, ATV2) and I have all my files residing on a NAS sharing through NFS and using a MySQL db...
The issue I had was very simple: I needed to go to Videos - Files first, then enter my SMB share (Series or Movies) so that a filelist would pop up, and then the library update (which I had to start manually) went well.

But because no one here seems to have exactly the same problem and none of the devs even acknowledge the issue is here, I uninstalled 12.2 and went back to 11.0. It plays everything I need it to play and now I can turn on my HTPC, which autostarts XBMC, and the library gets updated. Just like it did in 10.0 and 9.0. Something is broken in 12.x and it's not on my end.

Maybe I'll update to XBMC 13.0, whenever that comes out. Until then, I'm happy with 11.0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library on Startup Failing (Frodo)0