Client default settings
To manage multiple tvheadend clients in my household, I maintain the channel list on the tvheadend server. This works great when you update the channel list on the client. All changes to the channel list are reflected.

However, I noticed that each time I synchronise the channel list with the backend the individual channel settings are lost:
- On channels where I had disabled subtitles, there are now activated again.
- On channels where I had set the MPEG2 audio stream, the AC3 stream is now selected.
- On channels where I had enabled deinterlacing, it's now disabled.

This means I have to go through all the channels again to set them up as I want them to. This is a very boring and repetitive task with 6+ clients and a 100+ channel list... Is there a client setting that prevents the settings being reset?

(feature request) It would be even nicer if client settings could be managed from the tvheadend server. It would need to allow for per-client settings, i.e. in the living room I'd like 5.1 AC3 streams but the bedroom clients want to select the 2.0 MPEG audio stream.

(feature request) Clients that can only decode SD should not get the HD channels when they synchronise the channel list with the backend.

(feature request) Make the backend SD/HD simulcast-aware so that an client capable of decoding HD gets the HD version of the channel and a client only capable of decoding SD get the SD version of the channel. The SD and HD channel should be assigned the same channel number.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Client default settings0