• 6(current)
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement
(akki @ sep. 20 2005,18:26 Wrote:Smile i just wonder : what is the different between this dvd player and the "old" one in xbmc - i have the 04.09.2005 edition of xbmc and find it great, with a built in dvd player that works just fine - with remote control and region free.
so let me know where to find the update and tell me - what has improved so much so you get lyric ??
Shocked three words. dvd menu support :kickass:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Smile 
(abmagfab @ sep. 17 2005,20:44 Wrote:
(darkie @ sep. 17 2005,13:42 Wrote:
Quote:there are some other bugs (like no resume play),
tell me, why is this a bug? we call it a feature, and because it is not implemented a feature request.
well, it's a bug because it's an already implemented feature for all other video types, that doesn't work with the dvd video type.
well it's not a bug per say because it's has really not been implemented for the dvdplayer, (it's only there for mplayer),
...however an over-looked issue may be that the 'resume' button in my videos osd is shown while using the dvdplayer
(so the 'simple solution' for now would be to remove the resume button/option from the osd when in the dvdplayer)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(akki @ sep. 20 2005,17:26 Wrote:what is the different between this dvd player and the "old" one in xbmc - i have the 04.09.2005 edition of xbmc and find it great...

...what has improved so much so you get lyric ??
dvd menu support (ie. menus), read this topic thread (link)

(akki @ sep. 20 2005,17:26 Wrote:let me know where to find the update-
the cvs (you must compile yourself), ...read our faq and forum-rules, don't ask for xdk compiled software (that of course include xbmc)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i have the 2005-09-21-t3ch build and when i try and play a .img or a dvd in the drive pressing menu on the remote (or start on control) just brings up that + thing on screen with the play/stop/fast/pause etc. what button is used to get to the dvd menu?

thanks.
Sad 
(furio @ sep. 23 2005,11:43 Wrote:what button is used to get to the dvd menu?
i believe that's been answered more than once in this thread already, how about if you now read the whole thread from the beginning!
it's also in the osd (manual)

is it possible using the dvd-menus withous havin a remote control? its working fine with dvd-x2 donglefree dvd-player but i dont know how to do with the new dvd-menu support that xbmc has. :help:
i updated to a more recent build, and i still can't figure out how to work the dvdplayer to get to the menu. if i just press a in my videos with the selection box on an dvd iso, should it automatically go to the menu? or do i have to play the video and then do something special to get to the menu?
name it *.img
i'm not sure the answer to your question, but can i suggest that you get a remote anyway?

using xbmc via remote is a vastly better experience. it's worth it. it makes you feel like you are operating a very sleek piece of equipment rather than just a game.
(m33p @ oct. 04 2005,20:57 Wrote:is it possible using the dvd-menus withous havin a remote control?
yes you can use the gamepad/game-controller
(gamester17 @ oct. 05 2005,09:52 Wrote:
(m33p @ oct. 04 2005,20:57 Wrote:is it possible using the dvd-menus withous havin a remote control?
yes you can use the gamepad/game-controller
ok, but which buttons etc? i've tried everything i think... do i have to remap the keys.. if so: how?
(abmagfab @ oct. 05 2005,01:16 Wrote:name it *.img
yeah, i should have mentioned - that doesn't make a difference. dvdplayer is selected under "play using..." so obviously xbmc detects that it is a dvd.

when i am already at the title menu.. the dvd menu is still there so i cant select the play movie... when i wait it to go.. the movie just started... and i didn't even selected the play movie...
im so confused.. i bought this xbox remote controll today.. but it still wont work! im at the menu, but i cannot move to select something or play the movie. to play the movie i must skip some scenes until it reaches the actual movie, but then i wont get subs or the sound selection i want. then the whole point with menus are gone. what's wrong?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement0