No thumbnails in Frodo after upgrade (and tweaks)
Hi Folks,

I was using Eden on one computer, and am attempting to upgrade to Frodo on it. My current set up uses a mySQL database.

I will be bringing other computers online with Frodo, and the mySQL db, so I edited my existing xbmc_video60 db and switched any field that said:

smb://servername/Videos
to
smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Videos

I did this because I have a mix of Windows and Android machines with XBMC on them, and wanted to ensure I had no security access issues.

there were quite a few tables, and maybe 10 fields or so that I updated.

I then updated my computer to frodo, started it, and xbmc_video75 was created. It prompted to rebuild the image cache, which it did, however, I don't see any thumbnails.

what did I do wrong?

I found in this in my log:

10:48:54 T:7508 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/127/1/?tvshowid=127
10:48:54 T:7508 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/127/2/?tvshowid=127
10:48:54 T:7508 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/127/-1/?tvshowid=127
Try latest nightly version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
will the nightly version bump up the db version? If so, I may need to hold off until my android box has a new build (it's a g-box midnight, and I rely on others for the build).
it would seem my 'art' table isn't right (pure speculation). most url records look like this, others are blank:

image://video@smb%3a%2f%2fxbmc%3axbmc123%40192.168.1.145%2fVideos%2fSierra%27s%20Stuff%2fChristmas%20Movies%2fA%20Charlie%20Brown%20Christmas%20(1965)%2fA%20Charlie%20Brown%20Christmas%20(1965).avi/

I would have thought it should have point to the jpg I have in each folder, correct?
You'll find it won't work in Eden either because you switched URLs, thus the old cached art wasn't found when you updated to Frodo.

Once you update to Frodo you can go and re-do your paths in the db as the art is then not dependent on the path (though if it's local art you'll need to update that as well).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks, I changed the folders contents to 'none', then set them again, and all the art cached correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No thumbnails in Frodo after upgrade (and tweaks)0