ATV Flash + XBMC 11 (Eden) | PVR backend + frontend: how to?
Hello Everybody!

I found a lot of documentation over the net, but the more I read, the more I was confused! so it's time to ask help to this forum, probably the only one containing real expert users

I own an AppleTV 1st gen (silver), jailbroken with Firecore ATV Flash, and containing also a XBMC 11 (Eden) installation.

My goal is to keep the ATV jailbroken with ATV flash and exploit the XBMC abilities in order to install a video add-on (or some other plug-in) that allows me to use ATV as a backend PVR (usually to schedule movies recording when I'm not at home) and also as a frontend PVR (to play movies I previously recorded)

I already installed MythBox, but I found out that it is only a frontend add-on, I miss the backend one, and I'm not able to find something that work on ATV. I also read that XBMC 12 (Frodo) already contains PVR capabilities, but unfortunately this version of XBMC is not available for ATV 1st gen (probably due to its underpowered hardware).
Besides the main need to schedule a movie recording is related to Futubox Live Stream channels, that I'm able to view with a video add-on installed on XBMC; and this point raises another doubt to me: admitted that I'm able to find a working backend PVR, will it be possible to record (and to schedule) a movie that comes from Futubox?
Do you know if the backend add-on I'm looking for is available? or the only solution is to substitute the ATV strange OS (it is not OSX, neither Linux, but a kind of mix of both) with a Linux one? (as explained in this link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...stallation)

Many thanks in advance to everybody that will help me to solve this problem

I hope this is the right forum section to post my topic

Sorry for my bad english, I hope the question is clear enough, otherwise please don't hesitate to ask me some claryfication
Your best bet is to replace the OS with a linux based OS. Right now OpenELEC (wiki) is probably your best choice, as it comes with the PVR backend software already installed, and has test versions of XBMC v12 (Frodo) already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Flash + XBMC 11 (Eden) | PVR backend + frontend: how to?0