Playback over network stops at 7:40
I'm not quite sure where to begin looking for this problem:

Setup: I have a server which holds my media sitting on the network. I have XBMC running on an Ubuntu 11.10 box. It has the server drive mapped.

Symptoms: I recently upgraded the server to Ubuntu 12.04 (from 10.04 ... big jump), and now playback won't continue past 7:40 for any video on the XBMC box. This includes fast forwarding, or even just skipping past. It simply exits back to the video selection menu. If I pull up the same file (mapped drive) from a windows box on the same network, it plays through to completion with no issue. If I copy the file onto the XBMC box and play it locally, it works perfectly.

So obviously network between the two boxes or something to do with nfs vs samba.

The download speed between the two was about 11MBps over sftp. More than enough to play a file real-time. Certainly shouldn't have much to do with the video stopping at exactly 7:40 each time for any video on the box.

I rebooted the router, but to no avail. I was thinking of upgrading the XBMC box to be the same version, though why that'd affect things, I have no idea.

Any thoughts of where to look?

Thanks!
Debug log (wiki) needed of when you play the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback over network stops at 7:400