HTTP API to JSON
Pseudo code: on keypress do input.left && seek.skip
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I finally managed to code JSON and EventServer with the help of another forumer on my remote.

A couple of things I couldn't do though:

1. How to send a command to Restart the XBMC Application? In HTTP there was a command, but I could not find it neither in EventServer nor in JSON.

2. I need to send a command to set a specific AspectRatio of a movie. I found how to toggle the different modes ("z" key), but I need to set a specific Ratio, so a command like "AspectRatio = 16:9" and "AspectRatio = Original" would be ideal.

3. Finally I need to set a specific Zoom amount during the Video playback (not the Pictures Zoom, that I found).
How can I do that?

thanks to all for your inputs.
(2013-01-07, 18:57)elite1967 Wrote: 1. How to send a command to Restart the XBMC Application? In HTTP there was a command, but I could not find it neither in EventServer nor in JSON.
Not available right now but could certainly be added for Frodo+1.

(2013-01-07, 18:57)elite1967 Wrote: 2. I need to send a command to set a specific AspectRatio of a movie. I found how to toggle the different modes ("z" key), but I need to set a specific Ratio, so a command like "AspectRatio = 16:9" and "AspectRatio = Original" would be ideal.

3. Finally I need to set a specific Zoom amount during the Video playback (not the Pictures Zoom, that I found).
How can I do that?

Changing any settings (general, video playback etc) isn't possible yet through JSON-RPC because there are too many things that could go wrong with the current settings implementation (this was also a problem with HTTP API). Once I've finished my complete rewrite of the settings system this will be addressed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
With eventserver you can restart the application by sending an action packet with RestartApp as action. It will work on atleast Linux, not sure on other platforms.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
@Montellese:
OK Thanks

@topfs2:
I use Linux and I did tried the action packet "RestartApp" but when the app restarts, JSON does not work anymore (Error message: "Remote communication server Failed to start").
So I though it was not the right way of doing it.

I have heard other reports of JSON-RPC (and other network services) not working anymore after restarting XBMC. The most likely problem is that the sockets haven't been properly released yet when XBMC restarts and then XBMC can't bind to them anymore.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTTP API to JSON0