Movie Set Artwork
I have my movies sorted into Movie Sets if I have more than one in a series, such as The Transformers. None of my Movie sets have artwork on the main Movie Title Page. With "EDEN", XBMC would choose the artwork of the first movie in the list, but that is not the case with "FRODO". I even tried hitting "C" and "Choose Art" to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
Having your movies sorted out into movie sets is quite different than having your movie set's showing up in XBMC 'movie sets' and different again from viewing sets in a folder versus a set in movie library mode. Sounds confusing because it is a bit...so lets try and straighten this all out.

1) XBMC on a scrape will automagically tag boxed sets as part of your movie set, if it's scraped using themovieDB and your skin supports set and it's turned on in settings. With Frodo you get to pick the artwork inside of sets.

2) None of this will be recognized in library mode. XBMC can have a source with a nested folder called 'The Transformers', in which you have placed all your 'The Transformer movies' as folders..with each having their own artwork. Within this first nested 'The Transformers' folder, if there is cover art called folder.jpg and fanart.jpg, it will usually show up... then exclude from future scans, to preclude XBMC picking up the first scan of the nested set locking it up with stack on (further scans of this folder must be manual) and setting the scraper, and a scan will indicate there is NO videos in the folder... (folder in a a folder) but entering the folder in file mode will allow you to scan.

3) XBMC Box sets will turn up in your movie library, with the art work as you have picked through sets.

I have a complete hard drive with nothing but box sets, and some have sub folders of other box sets, but if they are not in themselves box sets; they will show up in the library as individual files. XBMC attempts to put all your folder organization into a large flat file system with only box sets as the exception. While you have elected to circumvent and sort your movies into unofficial sets as in 2) the solution is to either not sort your movies and let XBMC do it for you or place the artwork manually in each folder. I suppose you could also set each box set as a source, but wouldn't do much for your artwork other than setting a cover.
Thanks for the reply.

Let me elaborate on my folder structure and setup.

I have all of my movies in one folder named Videos on my Synology DS410 NAS, Each movie is in it's own folder. I scrape all of my movies with a program called Media Companion. Each movie .nfo file contains information that designates it as part of a Movie set. "Transformers" for example, has 3 movies in the set. With "EDEN", XBMC would place the artwork of the first movie in the set as the artwork for the SET itself. I believe with the upgrades and expansion of XBMC, it has changed the way in which it imports information from the folders.

Now that you understand what I'm working with, can you explain why XBMC no longer allows me to choose the artwork, or why it doesn't automatically select artwork itself.
Frodo artwork handling has changed, and now uses 'poster.jpg' for the covers and no longer uses thumbnails in the folders. So movie.tbn is missed, you'll need movie-poster.jpg, if the artwork is named as 'poster.jpg' and it's the first of a set, then it will be used as the set cover unless manually chosen. On installation a scan will convert the thumbs to poster. I'm not sure Media Companion .nfo creation is what Frodo needs.

I recently reverted back to my Eden set-up and found my 'Frodo' scans which created .info files, and downloaded posters was totally ignored, and a rescrape from the web was required to back/update the Eden set-up. So Frodo is a bit more picky than Eden in naming and what is 'in' the .nfo file, throwing Media Companion into the mix is just another layer of complication.

Hope that information is of some comfort.
(2012-12-26, 00:17)PatK Wrote: you'll need movie-poster.jpg, if the artwork is named as 'poster.jpg' and it's the first of a set, then it will be used as the set cover unless manually chosen. On installation a scan will convert the thumbs to poster. I'm not sure Media Companion .nfo creation is what Frodo needs.

I recently reverted back to my Eden set-up and found my 'Frodo' scans which created .info files, and downloaded posters was totally ignored, and a rescrape from the web was required to back/update the Eden set-up. So Frodo is a bit more picky than Eden in naming and what is 'in' the .nfo file, throwing Media Companion into the mix is just another layer of complication.

Hope that information is of some comfort.

I have gone in and physically changed the naming scheme for the posters and if .tbn files are not in the folder, then XBMC downloads artwork from the internet. It ignores the 'movie-poster.jpg' file. This is driving me nuts, so any help is appreciated.

None of my Sets have artwork at all
Have you found a solution to this? I'm having the same experience.
(2013-01-01, 21:52)trdmlc Wrote: Have you found a solution to this? I'm having the same experience.

What problem are you having? Movie set cover and fanart are basically handled exactly as they were in Eden. C menu on the cover and click choose art. Select your art from a local source.
In Eden, it defaulted to one of the covers without having to go through that manual process. That could have been the skin i was using at the time,so it i'm not saying it's a problem, just something that could be done with less effort. When you have dozens of sets, it's tedious to go to each one, C menu, drill down to the folder and pick the image..and repeat for fanart.
I have no issue with frodo adding artwork for movie sets. It uses the poster and fanart for the first movie every time. I always download my own collection posters from the movie database website and change them anyway, but it does work.
(2013-01-02, 01:09)dpar Wrote: I have no issue with frodo adding artwork for movie sets. It uses the poster and fanart for the first movie every time. I always download my own collection posters from the movie database website and change them anyway, but it does work.

I just needed a fresh install to solve that problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set Artwork0