mce remote prob ( power button remapped )
first off, merry christmas everyone.

now my problem Smile
since i ran the key map thing to allow the green button on my remote to open xbmc, its messed around with my power button. i think its set it as the letter " s " which i assume is to open the shutdown xbmc function. however, i dont want that as i liked the power button to sleep my pc on and off, which it did brilliantly, is there any way anyone can help me with this please, to get that back.

thanks all
Get rid of the keymapping for that button to restore its previous function. Since you didn't specify what "the key map thing" is, it's difficult for anyone to suggest what you might try in order to undo what you previously did.
If you look in your Keymap (wiki) file, you'll see the "s" key has been remapped to
Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
. You need to change that to
Code:
XBMC.Suspend()
* in all instances of your keymap file (so keymap.xml, keymap_backup.xml, etc.)

*or Shutdown(), depending on preference. I have mine set to Shutdown(), with the default shutdown action set to suspend in the settings. Not really sure it makes a difference.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
ive tried to edit the keymap file but it doesnt seem to do anything?
(2013-01-03, 03:38)jjmucker Wrote: ive tried to edit the keymap file but it doesnt seem to do anything?

Again, as with the first post, since you didn't state precisely what you had placed in your keymap file, it's difficult to say why your mapping doesn't work. Help us out here so we can help you. Post a copy of your keymap file so we can see it.

Also, enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, press the remote button in question a few times, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), upload its entire contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL to your uploaded log here with your reply.

thanks man, Ive never uploaded any logs before but i'll give it a bash.
I used this website to enable the green button to switch on XBMC from the green button http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html
then i installed XBMC Launcher. I love how it all works but i'd like to just disable the mapping to the power button so i can use it to sleep my pc, and also switch it back on.
from my logs it looks as if the power button is now the letter S. Ive no idea how to revert it back to its original use, which was sleep pc i believe.
Ive tried doing as StartCodon suggested but it didnt work, the power button was still assigned to S.

how would i post up the keymap file as ive tried and its far too long
thanks pal

Spot on with the power button, sending "s"
How can this be reverted to "suspend" in registry ?
As I said you need to look in all instances of your keymap file. I had the exact same problem, but found that I had to change not just "keymap.xml", but also "keymap_backup.xml" (not sure what created that), plus a bunch of others in other XBMC directories (so try C:\Program Files\XBMC\etc., have a general poke around) before I finally got it to work.

I'm not actually sure whether it was just one of the files that was overriding the others, or whether all of them needed to be edited, but by the time I'd got it working I'd edited all of them.

Edit: Also I recommend you download Notepad++ or SciTE to edit the keymap xml files, and use the find functions to look for "<s>"
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
thanks, I'll have a look.
(2013-01-03, 15:45)jjmucker Wrote: how would i post up the keymap file as ive tried and its far too long
Are you sure you are looking at your custom keymap file, located in your userdata/keymaps directory, rather than the installation one? Your custom file should only contain overrides to the installation version and, therefore, shouldn't be all that long.

Anyway, you can upload your keymap file to www.xbmclogs.com as I had described above for your log file.
yes its very long, this is the one in userdata, keymap folder.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25765
(2013-01-03, 15:45)jjmucker Wrote: I used this website to enable the green button to switch on XBMC from the green button http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html
Quote:Ive no idea how to revert it back to its original use, which was sleep pc i believe.

Try renaming the keyboard.xml file (which you downloaded from that site to your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory) as keyboard.xml.hold and then restart XBMC.

renaming the one thats in there already?

ok, just did. nothing seems to have changed, its as if it isnt even doing anything?
just clicked on the comment box there, pressed the power button and the letter S appeared.
Looking at that keymap.xml, there's no override for <s>. So I suggest you do the following:
Underneath line 35 (<keyboard>), add:
Code:
<s>XBMC.Suspend()</s>
as the new line 36. If you've renamed the file you might need to undo that.
awesome. that worked. very much appreciated. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mce remote prob ( power button remapped )0