TV-Guide (the XMLTV TVguide from XBMP)
hi all,

i just moved away from xbmp some weeks ago and i really like it a lot. thx u guys for the hard work.

i just wanted to know if someone is working on a new tv-guide or porting the old from xbmp??

and i know tv-guide is supposed to be put in xbmc ver. 2 Wink

please let me know Smile

cheers
i have just got xbmc 02-12-2004. there seem to be background images for tvguide - but no way of getting to it from the menu screen.

is it in there? or is it just hiding for the next cvs?

thanks

btw - there is no my tv button on the menu that some people seem to be talking about....
its not in that build, its not in cvs but work might start on it soonish
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
noone is working on it atm. someone imlenents the french tv-guide with python --> http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....try7515
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Exclamation 
(hullebulle @ feb. 14 2004,21:50 Wrote:noone is working on it atm.
i don't know about that, i heard a rumour that mynci (who code the my weather module) is working on copying xbmp's tv-guide
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
what is purpose of tv guide in xbmp xbmc anyways?

my satellite receiver and even cable box have built-in epg.

i am curious what people use a tvguide in xbmc for.
what about the people that don't have a epg compatible device, like me? Wink
(heed @ feb. 16 2004,03:12 Wrote:what is purpose of tv guide in xbmp xbmc anyways?

my satellite receiver and even cable box have built-in epg.

i am curious what people use a tvguide in xbmc for.
i don't have either a satellite box or a cable box. my signal also isn't going to get epg any time soon. this means i'm stuck with text tv, which i'd rather not use to compare channel programming.

i, for one, welcome our tv-guide masters.

p.s. i can't get satellite, as i'm living in an apartment building, where that's not going to get through. now, are you going to tell me to move? i thought so.

and, xbmc on my xbox, is my "cable box". but of course i agree with you on, that it should be up to the user to select/deselect tv-guide.

for this reason also, i assume that it would have to be made using pragma, as well as it being removeable from main screen.
you should get satelite ;-)

anyway, i hope this option is removable from the main screen, as i won't need it and would rather it not clutter my screen.
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
(mynci @ feb. 14 2004,11:19 Wrote:its not in that build, its not in cvs but work might start on it soonish
i really like this Smile

hoping for some progress here and i hope the rumor is true Smile

btw. who did the xbmp tvguide??
second the removable-from-main-screen wish.
(goataz @ feb. 18 2004,09:26 Wrote:second the removable-from-main-screen wish.
removable by manually editing the individual xml skin files, yes, but not , as i understand, from editing the xbmc setting file like in xmbp (using <visible>false</visible>) or from the built in setting menu.

i suppose this is not possible(?)/feasible because the way the skin files work. maybe a dev. can confirm.
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
for the one working on it(hoping there is somebody working on it Smile thx), look here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/dtegg/tv.htm

there are some nice skins/layouts for how it could look.

also look here for the entire discussion about the tvguide on xbmp.

hope to see this on xbmc soon, thx guys/girls!!

lol Wink
(mosax @ feb. 18 2004,11:14 Wrote:
(goataz @ feb. 18 2004,09:26 Wrote:second the removable-from-main-screen wish.
removable by manually editing the individual xml skin files, yes, but not , as i understand, from editing the xbmc setting file like in xmbp (using <visible>false</visible>) or from the built in setting menu.

i suppose this is not possible(?)/feasible because the way the skin files work. maybe a dev. can confirm.
if you can hack on the skin files, that's good enough for me. i don't expet a true/false setting in the xboxmediacenter xml config file.

btw i just read this
http://www.techtv.com/screens....00.html

freevo screenshots are here, my point is, for others it makes sense
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/screenshot...freevo_ss2

i kind of prefer the way http://home.iprimus.com.au/dtegg/tv.htm has made the look, button size, etc. the "skin" seem a bit more polished than the freevo look, on those above screenshots.

one thing freevo has going for it is the channel icons. also the detailed program description is in top of the screen, which i find more intuitive and more logical than having it in the bottom of the screen. also the date and time is shown easier to read with tivo i think, ie. 11/16 instead of 16th of november, and freevo shows the current time on top also.
i absolutely loved this on xbmp - and i imagine you guys could do wonders with it on xbmc.

everything about xbmc is fab - esp the new osd for movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV-Guide (the XMLTV TVguide from XBMP)0