Tokyo Game Show
i am heading to the tokyo game show this weekend. i have already made up some xbmc t-shirts and am on a mission to represent us there.

i am gonna try to find some xbox360 staff members that will be willing to answer some questions. hopefully they will be up for it, if not... well, i'll give it a shot anyway.

anyway, what i want from you is...

do you have any questions about the xbox, or xbox360 regarding xbmc or anything else in general?

i am gonna try to video it and stick it on my website, providing all goes well.
i doubt you'll find someone in charge that can answer the important questions, but just in case..

1. have they ever tried xbmc ?
2. were they inspired by it when making x360 a "media hub" ?

are stuff that could be fun to know, if nothing else... but i guess i already know the answers (yes, yes)

edit: btw, how does the t-shirts look ? Wink

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

t-shirts look cool.

large xbmc logo on the back (the one with http://www.xboxmediacenter.com written on it)

small one on the sleeve (the one with just 'media center')

on the chest is the text only xbmc logo.

i'll try to take a photo later Smile

also, about the questions, you are right... i think it will be difficult to find someone to answer that one! but, last year when i went, i found that even some of the booth babes were pretty well briefed on some of the technical stuff. strange but true.
well, i just got back and had a great time. i managed to film about an hour of footage, so i will need to edit it, but then i will put it up on the site.

@pike: i even managed to get an interview, whilst wearing the t-shirt, but unfortunately couldn't get one of the booth babes to put one on... i did try though!
any hi-res photos ? :o
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

no pics, at least not hi-res ones... sorry. but, i do have the whole thing on video!
format of video ?

if you're gonna publish a lores version, maybe you can let me have the relevant portions in original res ?

Confusedleep:

i can put the video in any format you want. i am capturing it now from dv tape at full res, but i will have to reencode it to put it on the 'net obviously.

i will probably stick it on dvd eventually as i don't have the space on my hard disk to store it indefinitely.

also, i guess i am gonna have to subtitle it as the sound quality is pretty bad... it was so noisy there, you can barely make out anything we are saying and some of it is in japanese.

anyway, let me know what res/format is best for you and a way i can send it.

another thing, i managed to snipe an official press release, even though they were only for the press and big businesses. the girl who was handing those out didn't want to give me one, but i kicked up a stink about it and the guy i interviewed let me have one.

i found it ironic that microsoft being an american company, didn't have any info written in english. all the brochures were in japanese. i can read japanese to an extent, but there were a lot of tourists etc.., that wouldn't have been able to. it annoyed me a lot that the girl was so bitchy about giving me any of the info in english.
Exclamation 
(tomkun @ sep. 19 2005,03:12 Wrote:i can put the video in any format you want.
wmv9 (with wma9 audio) might be preferred as then it can be streams to most (windows) pc's without third-party codecs.
ps! i'm sure xbox-scene.com would be willing to host it and the any accompanying news-post you give them regarding it Wink
we can host it either since our provider raised our traffic limit to 500gb/month. Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hey guys... off the topic of xbmc, but still on the topic of this thread. i have seen a deal for ¥500 per month webhosting, but it comes in two flavours; linux and windows. which is better?

oops, just noticed that people might not be able to read that. that's '500 yen per month'.

tomkun, where did you see that?. can you post a link. i'm in tokyo myself so would be interested.

unless you're a linux nut, i'd pick windows by the way.
like asp = then go windows, usually includes mssql also
like php = then go linux, usually includes mysql also

don't use any ? then no major difference

html = html

yeah, the link is...

jpstream

it seems pretty good actually.

by the way anomaly, where in tokyo are you?  i am in kamagaya (n.chiba).

@pike, thanks for the advice. i went for linux in the end, as i won't really use programming for a while at least. there also seems to be many more free scripts available for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tokyo Game Show0