Please help XBMC 12 now video's play choppy!
I installed XBMC Frodo 12 and now all my video playback is very choppy! and there's no audio!

Is there any kind of settings I need to adjust or what should I do? I had XBMC 11 and it worked flawlessly

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Paul
I'm not sure I can help with your problem, but there are three things I know for sure must be asked:

1) Have you done a search in the forum? There is a sticky thread here regarding broken audio in Frodo, you might find your answer there.

2) Where is your debug log? That is absolutely necessary.

3) What is your setup like? Windows/Linux/Other, what CPU/GPU do you have, how much memory, etc. Given that some graphics cards are not fully supported by Frodo, such information are also extremely necessary.
Do a little leg-work! It sounds like audio settings - and guides exist here and in the Wiki, but you haven't told us a thing about your settings/system.

Suggest you start with AudioEngine on the Wiki or search here in the forums for the setup/troubleshooting guide by user jjd-uk. I'm assuming Windows, but even that's a guess....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
what about the choppy video?
(2012-12-28, 09:34)symetri Wrote: what about the choppy video?

You're kidding, right? You didn't read either post? Provide some info about your setup, as well as a debug log, in order for someone to be able to help you.
sorry I posted that before I did

I'm not sure where to find the bug log and how that works to post it here?

my specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Memory 8GB
2.80gz processor
GeForce GTX 550 Ti HDMI video card
5.1 Optical Audio card

Not sure what else you need to know.. any help is appreciated thanks!
ok I looked DDDamian suggested and its all good. Everything is setup the way it should. I have never had an issue before until I installed 12. I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to post the debug log on here or exactly how it works?
See this page: debug log (wiki)
(2012-12-28, 08:36)symetri Wrote: I installed XBMC Frodo 12 and now all my video playback is very choppy! and there's no audio!

Is there any kind of settings I need to adjust or what should I do? I had XBMC 11 and it worked flawlessly

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Paul

I have this same problem. I can get the menu to play fine, but any video part of the ISO, Video folder, mp4, etc will sputter as if someone is pressing the play/pause button continuously. No audio, but I believe this to be a symptom of the video display issue. his is on an upgrade from 11 to 12, install directly over. Previous issues, I did clean installs, same results.

I had this issue with a couple of the RC versions of 12, so I went back to 11. Now that 12 has been officially released, I though I would install it again. Same issue.

The log file is posted http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1143

The System is Win7 Pro 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel i5, realtek board video.
(2013-02-24, 01:32)jakeu1701 Wrote: I have this same problem. I can get the menu to play fine, but any video part of the ISO, Video folder, mp4, etc will sputter as if someone is pressing the play/pause button continuously. No audio, but I believe this to be a symptom of the video display issue. his is on an upgrade from 11 to 12, install directly over. Previous issues, I did clean installs, same results.

I had this issue with a couple of the RC versions of 12, so I went back to 11. Now that 12 has been officially released, I though I would install it again. Same issue.

Are you using the HDMI connection to the TV for audio?

If so set:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: WASAPI - HDMI ( if that doesn't work try Directsound - HDMI)
(2013-02-24, 06:22)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 01:32)jakeu1701 Wrote: I have this same problem. I can get the menu to play fine, but any video part of the ISO, Video folder, mp4, etc will sputter as if someone is pressing the play/pause button continuously. No audio, but I believe this to be a symptom of the video display issue. his is on an upgrade from 11 to 12, install directly over. Previous issues, I did clean installs, same results.

Are you using the HDMI connection to the TV for audio?

If so set:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: WASAPI - HDMI ( if that doesn't work try Directsound - HDMI)

jjd-uk, your suggestion was right on. I was having exact same behavior. Just built high end HTPC and was disappointed to play my first movie and get choppy video and no audio.

I'm using HDMI to AV receiver and changed the 3 audio settings you suggested. BINGO, I'm all good.

Cheers!
If you're using a AVR then you shouldn't have to set to Analog, are you connecting to the AVR by HDMI?

You need to check what Windows reports are the Supported Formats then set:

Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 5.1

Then most importantly of all, only leave the relevant "capable receiver" options on which were listed in Supported Formats and turn off any "capable receiver" option that wasn't listed, for example if DTS-HD is not listed in Windows then turn off "DTS-HD capable receiver" option, for more detail see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help XBMC 12 now video's play choppy!0