Linux tvheadend connection lost xbmc frodo rc2
#1
Hi, I wonder if anyone has some ideas here.
I have installed xbmc frodo rc2 on a fresh Ubuntu 12.04. All good but for the love of my life if I can get the Live TV working.
I have enabled and configured tvheadend app in XBMC. All IP correct etc. Under settings-->Live TV->General is enabled.
Now I keep getting the message "Tvheadend HTPS client connection lost". Also I cannot access the web GUI interface of Tvheadend.
This machine was working perfect with Openelec and no problems with Tvheadend.
Is there anything to be done under Ubuntu, perhaps some access rights settings do not allow Tvheadend HTPs??
Did search for some 8 hours the forums with no success.
I am a complete newbie so I apologies for lack of info.
Thank you in advance!
Reply
#2
having the same issues on Openelec 3 Beta 6 - Frodo RC2 on an ION 64bit build.

Sometimes I change channel and XBMC is waiting and then it says tvheadend connection lost.
Reply
#3
update to latest tvheadend add-on.
Reply
#4
(2012-12-30, 18:23)basco Wrote: update to latest tvheadend add-on.
Thanks, I did with no joy. Perhaps I have to remove completely the old one before updating.
However, I've banged my head around for a couple of days now.
# ZOTAC AD11 Fresh Install Ubuntu 12.04LTS with XBMC Frodo RC2: result: TVHeadend not working
# ZOTAC AD11 Fresh Install Ubuntu 12.10 with XBMC Frodo RC2: result: TVHeadend not working
# ZOTAC AD11 Openelec2.0 result: TVHeadend not working
# ZOTAC AD11 Openelec Beta6 result TVHeadend not working
# All the above on an AMD PC result TVHeadend not working
# Intel PC with W7 64bit: XBMC Frodo RC2 result TVHeadend not working

For all the above I get the same error: it toggles in between "Access Denied" and "TVHeadend Connection Lost"
I definetly have the right settings into the Configuration Menu.
I cannot access the Webinterface either on http://localhost:9981 (I have the HTPC IP address entered here)
I even changed the dam router with no success.
It USED to work on Openelec Beta5. Then upgraded to Beta6 and since all this drama.

Funny enough with all the above installs I have the VU+ addon working perfect with my Dreambox DM8000. The change of channels is very slow (3-4 sec) and that's normal. That's why I want TVHeadend with my USB DVB-T dongle so the channels change fast.

I keep trying...
Reply
#5
Are you sure tvheadend is actually running? If you can't get the webinterface to come up, then you have a more fundamental problem unrelated to XBMC.
Reply
#6
i didn't remove the old tvh add-on prior to installing the lastest one.
i had the same thing not being able to access webinterface etc.
it's running right (ps aux | grep tvh) ?

did you build tvheadend correctly?


do a find -name tvh* and remove all.
try creating new clone of the repo.
./configure
make
make install


ps..
usb dvb-t dongles are generally not very fast.
if you want fastest channel switches, usa a pci(-e) dvb card.
Reply
#7
(2013-01-02, 11:03)basco Wrote: i didn't remove the old tvh add-on prior to installing the lastest one.
i had the same thing not being able to access webinterface etc.
it's running right (ps aux | grep tvh) ?

did you build tvheadend correctly?


do a find -name tvh* and remove all.
try creating new clone of the repo.
./configure
make
make install


ps..
usb dvb-t dongles are generally not very fast.
if you want fastest channel switches, usa a pci(-e) dvb card.

thanks a lot basco! I shall follow your advise and report back. I am bit of a newbie in Linux, keen to learn it, thought.

The USB dongle is way faster than streaming the video from the dreambox using VU+ addon. I agree a pci card would be ideal.
Reply
#8
Back from my holiday and had another go.
Followed your suggestions, basco.
All worked perfect. Very nice this tvheadend!
That's clear, I am a newbie. Time to improve. Hope I can help people on this forum sometime, too.
Reply



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend connection lost xbmc frodo rc20
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.