Bug [Mp3] Tag (no ALBUM ARTIST)
Ok guys I either be insane or I discover the only years after using XBMC.

I state the way XBMC retrieves tags and labels music (mp3 in this case);

Quote:5.1 Artist Tags - Resolving Compilations and Multiple Artists
XBMC reads the Album Artist tag in ID3, Ogg, APE and MP4 tags and uses it if available to assign an artist to the album (independently of the track's artist information). This is the "Album Artist" tag (in ID3 this is represented by the "TPE2" tag; in vorbiscomment (ogg) files "ALBUMARTIST", "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ENSEMBLE" are all supported). Multiple artists for either a track or album artist can be specified in "Artist1 / Artist2 / Artist3" format.
If no Album Artist tag exists, XBMC will use the first (primary) artist from the tracks as the Album Artist. Essentially we do a string comparison of all the track artists, and assign the common artists as the Album artist. This is generally the TPE1 tag in ID3.
As many users don't yet use the Album Artist tag, XBMC has an additional filter system for identifying compilation albums, where each track normally has a different artist. As XBMC scans a folder, it does the following:
Identifies albums based on Album name alone in the folder and groups the songs that have the same Album name together as an album.
Runs through each album's assigned songs. If there is 2 or more tracks with the same Track number, the group of songs must come from 2 or more albums, so the Album name is ruled out as a possible compilation.
If any of the songs assigned to the Album name have an Album Artist tag, then XBMC assumes the user knows what they're doing, and this album is also ruled out from being a compilation.
If two or more songs assigned to the Album name then have different primary artists, then the Album name is considered to be a group of songs from a compilation, and the Various Artists" tag is assigned as the album artist.
Otherwise, if all the songs have the same primary artist but don't have the same full artist list (eg a song or two has an additional artist) then the album is assigned the primary artist as it's Album Artist, and we assume the additional artists are guest artists. "

I have mp3 file tagged as follows;

As you can see the Album Artist tag is no filled, according to the above ->
Quote:If no Album Artist tag exists, XBMC will use the first (primary) artist from the tracks as the Album Artist.

Well thats not true, the above album isn't recognized at all...?
If I load it up in winamp and re-tag it

It all works fine.

Why isn't xbmc combing artist field and album field?

I miss over a 1000 artists because of this Sad
Am I correct that in older XBMC versions scraping was done through a manual contraction of artist+album
since ID3v2 wasnt even around back in the days....

Wow, is this fixing the bug?

use ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST in ID3v2 TXXX fields as album artist
c909a29bd4 Browse code
Jonathan Marshall authored 3 days ago

If so, a reply in this topic would have been handy!
fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wel I used many nightlies but this hasnt been fixed, I am still missing id3 v1 only tagged mp3s. Thousends in my case. Could I help in anyway providing files and test results?
(2013-01-24, 23:04)menno Wrote: Wel I used many nightlies but this hasnt been fixed, I am still missing id3 v1 only tagged mp3s. Thousends in my case. Could I help in anyway providing files and test results?

Yes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ID3v1 files were never read prior to when I implemented it shortly after RC3.

You'll need to supply a file in order for it to be tested by someone else. It would massively speed up the process, however, if you tested a build from last night beforehand.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Where should we meet? On IRC? please let me know.
I sent files to marshall but never heard back, 15k songs out of my 34k collection are not recognized due to faulty id3v1 implementation (all eden and bedore worked well). Could someone please look at this major bug?
Is someone ever gonna look into thisHuh I cannot see why nobody complains about this, but this way I am forced to search for addons and maybe subsonic like solutions to be able to play all my music from within xbmc!!! proper id3v1 support please like EDEN had.... I am over 15k songs short!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mp3] Tag (no ALBUM ARTIST)0