Linux Some HDMI help please
you audio device get initialized, but then has hickups.

Seems you enabled "Sync Playback to display" with sync method "audio clock", disable that for another test.
sync playback to display was disabled. I didn't need it with the on-board hdmi. Everything was fine.

Any idea?

If not, I'll stop here.
The only idea is to compile XBMC with pulseaudio support, and thats the very last idea.

2nd link my signature, and change --disable-pulse to --enable-pulse

reasoning http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1295864

Else() $UNI exit 1

uNi
Okay, so I have to remove my XBMC first to compile it under XBMCbuntu?

Code:
sudo apt-get purge xbmc-standalone

Is that syntax correct?

Or do I have to install a complete ubuntu to run this script?

A user in a german ubuntu forum give me a hint, that ".asoundrc" will solve my problem. That was he only thing, he said with a link to the wiki.

So I read the article in the wiki and I don't know if I understand it right. The ".asoundrc" is in the home folder of the user. So in "/home/david" in my case. If I wanna use this, the file should look like this:

Code:
pcm.snd_card {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 7
}

ctl.snd_card {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 7
}

correct?

Don't get me wrong. I know, that you told me ro remove the "asoundconf" and the ".asoundrc" (both don't exist after installing XBMCbuntu), but I want to give this a try, if you think this might solve it and the syntax is correct.

Thanks one more for your help!

Oh...just read this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1262710

Will the script override my Frodo RC3 too? So I don't need to remove it first.

You can try the asound.conf or .asoundrc one is global resides in /etc/ the other is per user resides in /home/username though idk if its going to work.

As for compiling with pulse support in XBMCbuntu, yes it will override the existing install, you dont have to remove it, No fresh Ubuntu install required.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some HDMI help please1