xbmc standalone freeze
Hi

Sorry if this was already reported, I couldn't find a similar issue.

I've installed a minimal xbmc ubuntu 12.04 amd64 machine in my zotac id82+ (intel core i3) with Pulse-Eight XBMC repositories and everything worked great. The machine works like xbmcbuntu (i.e. it boots and does autologin to xbmc via xbmc-standalone). Yesterday I dicided to upgrade to quantal, and the upgrade went fine, but when lightdm starts xbmc in standalone mode the computer hard freezes (no graphics, no ssh, I have to do a hard button poweroff to stop it)

After trying several things I managed to find a way to reproduce it:
If I use any dm (I was using lightdm with lightdm-gtk-greeter) with autologin, xbmc in standalone will crash (hard freeze). If login manually (i.e. entering my username & password at the lightdm prompt) everything is fine. I've installed lxdm with a 5 seconds autologin delay as explained here (apparently in quantal lightdm with gtk greeter doesn't honor the delay setting) and the crash doesn't happen.

I've also tried with frodo from xbmc unstable ppa and it's the same thing, so my guess is that something isn't properly initiated/started when xbmc starts X's in standalone that the greeters do.

Any ideas why xbmc in standalone crashes like this? I don't know what kind of log I could provide since there's nothing interesting in my .xsession-errors file or Xorg.0.log file.

Thanks,

I've just tried adding a delay (with -d 10) to xbmc-standalone script, but the error is still happening.
Ok, I've found this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1218350

I'm sorry for the duplicate post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc standalone freeze0