• 1(current)
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
Intro
This add-on enables streaming of HBO Nordic, TV-series and movies from the HBO Nordic website.
It requires that you have a valid HBO Nordic subscription.

Please be advised that this add-on is not in any way supported by HBO Nordic.

You can now download the latest version 1.2.1 (see below for instructions).

The plugin enables you to browse the available content on HBO Nordics website, when you want to watch an episode or movie the plugin takes you to the HBO Nordic website where you'll be automatically logged in (if you have supplied the login credentials via the plugin configuration) and the playback will be initiated.

You can then control the playback with your MCE remote. Supported operations are:
- Play/Pause
- Stop
- Toggle between fullscreen
- Toggle between HD or SD quality
- Change subtitle language

The HBO Nordic content requires the latest version of Abobe Flash Player 11 and Widevine plugin for Internet Explorer, thus needs to be played through a web browser that support this.
For the time being the plugin is only supported on Windows and Mac OS X.
And since the playback is done through the HBO Nordic website the DRM chain is intact.

The addon has been tested on XBMC 11 and XBMC 12 RC2 and on Windows 7/8 64-bit

All the nordic countries should be able to use this addon since the content should be the same.
If anyone has a HBO Nordic subscription that is not swedish then please test if the addon works...

Other features include:

Support for watched episodes.
Whenever an episode is started from XBMC, the addon will automatically set that episode as watched.
You can also control this by pressing C when standing on an epsiode and select if it should be marked as watched or unmarked.

Retrieving TV-Series info from the TVDB
The addon uses the API from the TVDB and retrieves fanart, season banners, episode screenshot and general episode data from the TVDB.
This can be switched off in the settings for the addon, but it's recommended that you use this.

Full MCE Remote support (on Windows only)
With the helpt from AutoHotKey script you can now control the playback on the HBO Nordic website.
The AutoHotKey script is started when the playback is initiated and stopped when the playback is stopped.

The following keys are supported on the MCE remote:
PAUSE and PLAY buttons will both toggle between play and pause.
The OK button will go to fullscreen and toggle this if already in fullscreen.
The BACK button will go from fullscreen to normal view.
The STOP button will end the playback and exit both the launcher application and the AutoHotKey script and take you back to XBMC and the addon.

Automatic login and start of playback (on Windows only).
This feature is available when the launcher application is used (it's default on Windows).

Features such as automatic login, playback and support for MCE remote is only supported on Windows.
On Mac OS X the user has to login in manually and start the playback.

Plugin Installation
To install this plugin, download the zip-file and install it by following the How to install from zip file.

Plugin Issues
If you find an issue then please let me know and I will do my best to fix it.

Plugin limitations
This plugin only works on Windows and on Mac OS X.
Since HBO Nordic uses Adobe Flash and Widevine to playback content, the limitation is set to what platforms Widevine works on (hence only Windows and Mac OS X).

How to get started
Before you can playback any episode or movie you should test that you can login to the HBO Nordic website and playback an episode or movie through Internet Explorer (if you are running on Windows).
This ensures that the playback through the addon will work, the addon uses a .net application that has an embedded instance of Internet Explorer.

Update
You can use the download link above to get the latest version.

Version 1.2.1
  • Rewritten the TV section to use HBO Nordics own API.
  • Rewritten the Movies section to use HBO Nordics own API.
  • Changed addon icon and fanart.
  • Removed HboLauncher.exe from the addon.
  • Changed MceRemotehandler.exe to handle control of playback from Chrome (on Windows).
  • New setting to set the delay of playback (in miliseconds) on Windows.
  • Removed settings for username and password (since login is now handled by browser).

Version 1.2.0
  • Fixed problem with timeout error if The TVDB is not reachable.
  • Fixed issues in AutoHotKey script (MceRemoteHandler.exe) for automatic playback on Windows.
  • Added automatic translations for Norwegian, Danish, Finish and English besides already working Swedish (the language in the addon is affected by the language set in KODI).
  • Changed how the platform is determined when starting playback.
  • Added Linux (requires desktop and Chrome browser) to supported platforms for the addon.
  • Added support for automatic login (on Linux and Mac) when playback is started (requires Chrome).

Version 1.1.9
  • Fixed problems with login when using HboLauncher (Windows) and Kodi.

Version 1.1.8
  • Fixed problems with listing movies.

Version 1.1.7
  • Corrected problems with reading guisettings.xml from XBMC (this was changed when running XBMC 13).

Version 1.1.6
  • The addon will now work with XBMC 13 Beta 2.
  • Added basic version control. This can be turned on/off in the addon settings.

Version 1.1.5
  • Changed so that the addon uses hbonordic.com instead of hbonordic.se.

Version 1.1.4
  • Fixed some issues due to some changes on the HBO Nordic website, this was causing the addon to fail when loading content.
  • Episode titles with åäö in the name caused the addon to crasch (such as Arn and Varg Veum).

Version 1.1.3
  • Some experimental code for Mac OS X was causing problems when playing an episode on Mac OS X.

Version 1.1.2
  • Corrected an exception that occurred when playback was started in the HboLauncher.exe.
  • Automatic fullscreen has now been added to the HboLauncher.exe, it will take about two seconds after playback is started before fullscreen is initiated.

Version 1.1.1
  • Added support to toggle between HD and SD by using the key "h" when using HboLauncer.exe.
  • Play/Pause now uses space which is now supported by the HBO Flash player.

Version 1.1.0

Since this version contains a lot of new features and fixes, it warrants a greater version number.
  • Subtitles can now be changed using the MCE remote, use numeric buttons 0-4 for selecting a subtitle language.
  • Added support for toggling between HD and SD quality in Hbolauncher using the channel up button on the MCE remote.
  • Fixed so that xbmc are activated when the playback is stopped (on Windows).
  • Using the settings dialog from within the addon caused a script error.
  • When using XBMC with a second display, the HboLauncher will now automatically adjust and show up on the same display as XBMC, settings are read from XBMC.
  • The addon will no longer login to the HBO Nordic website when browsing the content, this will improve the permformance when browsing in the addon.
  • There was a script error when playing back an episode on Mac OS X. This should now be corrected.
  • When using the addon on a computer that has a username with åäö caused the addon to crash.
  • Special treatment for series such as Strike Back that are shown as season one and two when it's actually season two and three.
  • Handle series with theTVdb that have older versions such as The Newsroom and Battlestar Galactica etc.

Important, if you are missing the HD option in the flashplayer, then you need to clear the Internet cache for Internet Explorer.

New MCE remote features.

Change subtitles.
You are now able to change subtitle language by using the numeric buttons on the MCE remote (this works both in standard view and fullscreen).
0=None
1=Danish
2=Norwegian
3=Finnish
4=Swedish

Toggle between HD quality and SD quality.
By using the channel up button on the MCE remote you are now able to toggle between HD and SD quality.

Version 1.0.2
  • Fixed script errors when the option to get info from the TVdb was turned off.
  • Missing episode images are now shown with a default image.
  • Minor buggfixes.

Version 1.0.1
  • Added support for Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 when using the hbolauncher.exe.
  • The automatic login when using the hbolauncher.exe has been improved.
  • Fixed setting "Use TVdb..." is now selected by default.
  • Some fixes related to retrieving data from the TVdb.
There seems to be a problem with the automatic login on Windows 8.
If you are running Windows 8 then wait until I have this issue resolved.
I just hope that this in the future will be a way to use this on a linux system. Maybe they will release a android app, that can be ported to xbmc or god forbidd they(HBO) release their api so the good people of the xbmc comunity can come up with a xbmc addon for all platforms. Same goes for netflix and viaplay, why do they have to use a solution that is not compatible with linux?
Becuse they don't care bout Linux users and i won't get HBO, Netflix or anything else like that until they have a working Linux solution.
It's same thing with HD channels paired to their orginalboxes.
In most cases no working CA modul for linux boxes etc.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
I get a scritp-error for the plugin when I try to use my credentials for HBO Nordic Denmark. I also have problems changing the country to Denmark.

Hope you can help
(2013-01-05, 11:43)Macala Wrote: I get a scritp-error for the plugin when I try to use my credentials for HBO Nordic Denmark. I also have problems changing the country to Denmark.

Hope you can help

Is it possible for you to send med your xbmc,log file. It's located under %appdata%\xbmc (if you are running on Windows).
Also are you able to login to www.hbonordic.se with your login credentials using a webbrowser?
A new version has been released, see the first post for download link.
Support for Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 has been added.
The automatic login has been improved when using the hbolauncher.exe.

Heya, something wrong with the link, comes back as 404
(2013-01-05, 23:32)Trasher83 Wrote: Heya, something wrong with the link, comes back as 404

Sorry about that, the link should now work. Smile
Indeed, thanks! Smile
I am still getting script error when trying to stream TV shows, Movies on the other hand works without any problems (so atleast my account seems to be set up correct). I am running XBMC 12 RC3 and v1.0.1 of the HBO addon on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and IE9. Probably not related but i noticed that XBMC crashed about one hour into the movie, but the film continued to stream without any problem.

*edit*
Added IE version
(2013-01-07, 19:47)Ålahuvet Wrote: I am still getting script error when trying to stream TV shows, Movies on the other hand works without any problems (so atleast my account seems to be set up correct). I am running XBMC 12 RC3 and v1.0.1 of the HBO addon on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and IE9. Probably not related but i noticed that XBMC crashed about one hour into the movie, but the film continued to stream without any problem.

*edit*
Added IE version

If you start IE9 and go to the hbo nordic website and select an episode to playback, do you still get the script error?
It's strange because the hbolauncher.exe is setup to suppress all script errors...
(2013-01-07, 20:21)MDDSD Wrote: If you start IE9 and go to the hbo nordic website and select an episode to playback, do you still get the script error?
It's strange because the hbolauncher.exe is setup to suppress all script errors...

Working without problems in browser, still error in XBMC, pls see below screenies.

XBMC Script Error

IE9 Watching "TV" in IE9
(2013-01-07, 20:51)Ålahuvet Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 20:21)MDDSD Wrote: If you start IE9 and go to the hbo nordic website and select an episode to playback, do you still get the script error?

Working without problems in browser, still error in XBMC, pls see below screenies.

XBMC Script Error

IE9 Watching "TV" in IE9

Please send me the xbmc.log file so that I can go through the log and see what kind of problems you are having.
Here's how you get the log-file:

Go to the Start menu and type (in the run field): "%appdata%\xbmc", then hit the Enter key and the File Explorer should launch with correct path.
Send the file to me through a PM or post it here.

One thing that I noticed is that you are not running the standard skin. Could you try and change to the default skin (Confluence) and then test?
(Also when running your skin your not seeing the cover art such as fan art and season covers etc. This will be available when running the default skin and having the option get info from the TVdb activated in settings.)

(2013-01-07, 20:21)MDDSD Wrote: Please send me the xbmc.log file so that I can go through the log and see what kind of problems you are having.
Here's how you get the log-file:

Go to the Start menu and type (in the run field): "%appdata%\xbmc", then hit the Enter key and the File Explorer should launch with correct path.
Send the file to me through a PM or post it here.

One thing that I noticed is that you are not running the standard skin. Could you try and change to the default skin (Confluence) and then test?
(Also when running your skin your not seeing the cover art such as fan art and season covers etc. This will be available when running the default skin and having the option get info from the TVdb activated in settings.)

I have changed to default skin. Error remains when trying to watch TV Series "Head Case" logfile reports:
(hope i got what is needed for troubleshooting)

20:56:34 T:3892 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:56:34 T:2600 NOTICE: Thread CRssReader start, auto delete: false
20:56:35 T:3412 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:56:35 T:3460 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:56:35 T:3460 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:56:37 T:1612 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:57:48 T:2004 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:57:48 T:2004 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:57:48 T:2004 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://disabled/folder.jpg
20:57:49 T:2004 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://enabled/folder.jpg
20:57:49 T:2004 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://repos/folder.jpg
20:57:49 T:2004 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://install/folder.jpg
20:57:49 T:2004 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://search/folder.jpg
20:57:59 T:2996 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:05 T:1700 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:58:05 T:1700 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:58:11 T:3660 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:17 T:2840 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:58:23 T:1760 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:26 T:3576 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:58:26 T:3576 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:58:27 T:3576 NOTICE: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
20:58:27 T:3576 NOTICE: Path to database: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\favorites.db
20:58:27 T:3576 NOTICE: Check for database upgrade
20:58:31 T:3576 NOTICE: Database Version: 2
20:58:31 T:2516 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:34 T:1320 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:58:34 T:1320 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:58:35 T:1320 NOTICE: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
20:58:38 T:1960 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:38 T:652 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:58:51 T:3992 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:58:51 T:3992 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:58:52 T:3992 NOTICE: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
20:58:55 T:768 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:58:58 T:3704 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:58:58 T:3704 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:58:59 T:3704 NOTICE: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
20:58:59 T:3704 NOTICE: GetEpisodesHbo URL: http://hbonordic.se/series/-/-/head-case/seasons/1
20:59:02 T:3704 NOTICE: GetEpisodesHBO, Season: 1
20:59:03 T:3704 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'episode_image' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\default.py", line 1391, in <module>
GetEpisodesHbo(url,title,seasonno)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\default.py", line 800, in GetEpisodesHbo
listItem.setThumbnailImage(episode_image)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'episode_image' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:59:03 T:2508 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hbonordic/?mode=series_episodes&seasonno=1&title=Head%20Case&url=http%3a%2f%2fhbonordic.se%2fseries%2f-%2f-%2fhead-case%2fseasons%2f1
20:59:03 T:2508 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hbonordic/?mode=series_episodes&seasonno=1&title=Head%20Case&url=http%3a%2f%2fhbonordic.se%2fseries%2f-%2f-%2fhead-case%2fseasons%2f1) failed

Below i guess is the succesfull result when launching the movie "Game Change"

20:59:25 T:3460 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:59:29 T:1532 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:59:29 T:1532 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Loading sqlite3 as DB engine
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Play URL: http://hbonordic.com/movies/-/-/game-change
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: PlayUrl: http://hbonordic.com/movies/-/-/game-change
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Platform is: nt
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Hbolauncher path: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\resources\lib\HboLauncher.exe
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Launching MceRemoteControl
20:59:30 T:1532 NOTICE: Launching Hbolauncher
21:01:32 T:1532 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::EndOfDirectory - called with an invalid handle.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon4