• 4(current)
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
(2013-01-09, 18:50)MDDSD Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 18:03)salski Wrote: Thanks for the add-on, overall it seems to work very nice here in Finland.

I have only one issue with the addon: I use XBMC with two displays and XBMC is set to run fullscreen on Display #2. The hbonordic application always launches on the primary display and I can't figure how to move the window to the other display. Any workaround for this?

Thanks

I've made a test version of the hbolauncher.exe that you can try.

Download the zip-file from here.
Extract the content of the zip-file (it contains the hbolauncher.exe and hbolauncher.exe.config).
These files should be copied to the lib folder under the hbonordic addon, which can be found here:
%appdata%\xbmc\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\resources\lib

Copy the above path into Start | Run and press Enter.
This will bring up the File Explorer with the correct folder.

You then need to edit the hbolauncher.exe.config file and set which display the hbolauncher.exe should start on.
Below you can see the contents of the hbolauncher.exe.config file, change the value that belongs to the StartupScreen.
The default value is 0 which should be the primary display, changing the StartupScreen to anything but 0 will make it use the value from the config-file.
In your case I think you should change it to 1.

Please test this and let me know how it goes.

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I tried -1, 0, 1 and 2 and none worked; it always started in the primary display. -1 and 2 raised Index out of bound exception.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks.
After debugging your HBOLauncher code with ILSpy, I think I know what is the issue:

My screen 0 is actually the secondary display, and screen 1 is the primary display. Since the config value is not considered if the screen parameter = 0, I have no way of setting the correct display.

See the Screen.AllScreens output

Quote:Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I tried -1, 0, 1 and 2 and none worked; it always started in the primary display. -1 and 2 raised Index out of bound exception.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Since I haven't heard anything from you I assumed it worked.. Smile
I've tried it and for me it works. I have my second display on the right side.
On which side do you have your second display?

Also make sure that the HboLauncher.exe.config is placed in the same folder as HboLauncher.exe which is %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\resources\lib
(2013-02-23, 11:25)salski Wrote: After debugging your HBOLauncher code with ILSpy, I think I know what is the issue:

My screen 0 is actually the secondary display, and screen 1 is the primary display. Since the config value is not considered if the screen parameter = 0, I have no way of setting the correct display.

See the Screen.AllScreens output

Thanks for finding the issue.
I've made a new version of HboLauncher.exe, replace the old one with the new.
The new version will look for the HboLauncher.exe.config file and it the file is found will automatically set the display from the config file no matter what.
By default this file will be renamed (in coming versions) so that it's not causing any problems for users not wanting it on a second display.

Please try the new version and let me know.

http://www.dsd.se/hbonordic/HboLauncher.exe
Thanks, the new version works as expected.

Even better you might want to read screen number from XBMC guisettings.xml (no user configuration necessary!). For example, I have:

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <blankdisplays>false</blankdisplays>
        <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
        <guicalibration></guicalibration>
        <resolution>29</resolution>
        <screen>1</screen>
        <screenmode>10192001080060.00000</screenmode>
        <vsync>1</vsync>
    </videoscreen>

screen 0 = primary display, 1 means first non-primary display, etc. (deduced from the source code here and here)
(2013-02-23, 12:50)salski Wrote: Thanks, the new version works as expected.

Even better you might want to read screen number from XBMC guisettings.xml (no user configuration necessary!). For example, I have:

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
        <vsync>1</vsync>
    </videoscreen>

screen 0 = primary display, 1 means first non-primary display, etc. (deduced from the source code here and here)

I'll try and add this to the HboLauncher.exe so the need for the HboLauncher.exe.config should not be required in the future.
(2013-02-23, 22:59)MDDSD Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 12:50)salski Wrote: Thanks, the new version works as expected.

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
        <vsync>1</vsync>
    </videoscreen>

I'll try and add this to the HboLauncher.exe so the need for the HboLauncher.exe.config should not be required in the future.

I've made a new version of HboLauncher.exe that now read the screen setting from guisettings.ini.
http://www.dsd.se/hbonordic/HboLauncher.exe
Could you try it out and let me know if it works for you?
I'm releasing a new version tomorrow (Wednesday), here's a quick glimpse of the changelog:

Version 1.0.3
- Added support for toggling between HD and SD quality in Hbolauncher using the channel up button on the MCE remote.
- Fixed so that xbmc are activated when the playback is stopped (on Windows).
- Using the settings dialog from within the addon caused a script error.
- When using XBMC with a second display, the HboLauncher will now automatically adjust and show up on the same display as XBMC, settings are read from XBMC.
- The addon will no longer login to the HBO Nordic website when browsing the content, this will improve the performance when browsing in the addon.
- There was a script error when playing back an episode on Mac OS X. This should now be corrected.
- When using the addon on a computer that has a username with åäö caused the addon to crash.
- Special treatment for series such as Strike Back that are shown as season one and two when it's actually season two and three.
- Handle series with theTVdb that have older versions such as The Newsroom and Battlestar Galactica etc.
A new version has now been released, for changes see the first post.
Thanks!

The guisettings.xml reading does not work yet (tried with new release and the custom exe). I get the following in the log:

Code:
--- Logging started 28.2.2013 20:34---
guisettings.xml was found
Primaryscreen in guisettings.xml is: 1
Primaryscreen is: 1
Changing the primary screen to: 1
Setup Internet Explorer Webbrowser emulation.

As said in the previous post, screen 0 in guisetting.xml refers to primary screen, and everything else refers to non-primary. These numbers do not match the indices of Screen.AllScreens collection. Therefore since I have screen 1 in guisettings.xml, it should switch to first non-primary screen in Screen.AllScreens collection.
Have you tried the hbolauncher.exe that came with the new version. Its newer than the separate hbolauncher.
Hello,

I got a question/request, in the Netherlands we got a cable company called UPC and they got a app called "Horizon" you can watch live TV on it if you have a internet subscription from them.
They also got a website "www.horizon.tv" you can also watch live tv on it.

Now at http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/issues/detail?id=369 we are trying to build a XBMC addon. You can also find a zip file at post:
" Project Member#[email protected] is the beta channel. You can install it in XBMC via System -> Settings -> Addons -> Install from zip.

If you run into problems, please post them here and add an xbmc.log and uzg(plugin).log.
.net.rieter.xot.channel.streams-3.3.0.0.1.zip
4.8 MB Download "

But no succes yet because of the Widevine part, i saw that HBO nordic also uses widevine. How did you got it to work on XBMC?

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Benito2313
(2013-03-01, 15:15)benito2313 Wrote: Hello,

I got a question/request, in the Netherlands we got a cable company called UPC and they got a app called "Horizon" you can watch live TV on it if you have a internet subscription from them.
They also got a website "www.horizon.tv" you can also watch live tv on it.

Now at http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/issues/detail?id=369 we are trying to build a XBMC addon. You can also find a zip file at post:
" Project Member#[email protected] is the beta channel. You can install it in XBMC via System -> Settings -> Addons -> Install from zip.

If you run into problems, please post them here and add an xbmc.log and uzg(plugin).log.
.net.rieter.xot.channel.streams-3.3.0.0.1.zip
4.8 MB Download "

But no succes yet because of the Widevine part, i saw that HBO nordic also uses widevine. How did you got it to work on XBMC?

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Benito2313

Hello,

actually the HBO Nordic addon does not playback the content from within XBMC.
It starts either a launcher (hbolauncher.exe) which is a .net application that hosts an Internet Explorer instance.
This enables automatic login and playback, but the playback is done through the web browser.
If you are using Mac OS X, then the addon will launch the web browser with the correct url to the episode or movie.
But the video is showend in XBMC?
(2013-03-01, 15:29)benito2313 Wrote: But the video is showend in XBMC?

No it's not.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon4