Step Forward/Step Back broken in PVR?
Hi,

I changed left/right/up/down keys to Step/Big step forward/back in keyboard.xml so it is consistent with the regular video player. Trying to skip through the video regardless of direction seems to just take me to the end of the timeshift stream so that I am watching live tv. Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas on getting this working? Rev/FF is rather fiddly with audio sync and timing issues, and the amount of button presses is too high I feel; simple X second skipping is much better in most cases.

Running Frodo RC2, tried different skins and backends to no avail.

Thanks!
when I try step back I get nothing the picture flicks but not change.
I can only do this when watching videos or recorded tv.

Can you share the configs you added to your keyboard.xml?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, in keyboard.xml in "\Program Files\XBMC\system" folder, find the <FullscreenLiveTV> entry, make a backup just incase, and make the section to look like this:

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
which backend are you using? I noticed the same using ArgusTV. There seems to be an issue with the calculation of the correct timestamp. I tried to investigate into this about 1 or 2 weeks ago, but the code there it's a bit over my head.
Tried with Mediaportal and NPVR, but I may have tried it with Argus at some point too
so same issue with all backends not having an own demuxer. Good to know.
I have a question, certain buttons on my remote appear to be sending multiple signals as if I'm holding the button down or tapping the button multiple times.
The info button, once I push it the info in the screen just flickers.

In the "\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps" folder how many xml files should be there, I'm only using my MCE remote.

See image below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xeqo6ao9dwtc8t/keymap.JPG

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several keymaps there by default, so this is OK. There can also be multiple keymaps for the same device, that doesn't matter, they will be combined into one. So that's not the cause of your issue.
Maybe low batteries?
(2013-01-03, 22:56)da-anda Wrote: There are several keymaps there by default, so this is OK. There can also be multiple keymaps for the same device, that doesn't matter, they will be combined into one. So that's not the cause of your issue.
Maybe low batteries?

I also thought about the low battery issue and installed new batteries, that didn't solve the issue.

Its very annoying but I can't figure out what the issue is.

good news guys - elupus seems to have fixed the step forward/back issue for backends that had issues until now. It's still not 100% perfect (due to some odd behavior of the pvrmanager that can't be changed for Frodo anymore) but at least working.
only for add-ons that don't use a separate demux, so this won't work for vdr and tvheadend
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-01-09, 14:57)da-anda Wrote: good news guys - elupus seems to have fixed the step forward/back issue for backends that had issues until now. It's still not 100% perfect (due to some odd behavior of the pvrmanager that can't be changed for Frodo anymore) but at least working.
Oh, very good.

Can you tell me from where i can get this patch? Is it already in the master branch of xbmc? I am using mythtv 0.26

Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Great news, will try it out when I get the chance!
@Nachteule Yes, it's in master, so grab a nightly and give it a try.

@dushmaniac I thought you added a temporary fix for backends with own demuxer?
it's a hacky work around that won't work for channels without an epg right now
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Step Forward/Step Back broken in PVR?0