• 18(current)
Comskip for Linux released
(2014-11-10, 18:48)menno Wrote: Can we rebuild a linux version off the latest windows?

I started to do this last week, but it is a tremendous amount of code.
You're the best! Keep us posted!
I have comskip up and running and post processing my recordings, creating EDL and TXT files, located in the same directory as the recording with the same name.

Whats the current state of support in XBMC for skipping are .txt file required or will it use the EDL files?

the wiki is unclear as it states that .txt files are required for comskip.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list#Comskip

Also my ini file is the default file and is not flagging commercials as i would have hoped. TV is New Zealand if anyone has a updated comskip.ini file that i could try?
(2014-11-10, 15:59)menno Wrote: I wanted to use a logo file earlier generated from a show called Grand Desgins. Because
if i looked to that logo.txt it's much better than the one generated from Speed with Guy Martin.
I renamed Grand Designs.logo.txt to Channel_4.logo.txt
and ran
comskip --logo Channel_4.logo txt "Speed with Guy Martin.mkv"
I use the linux version.

I get this error;

Using Speed with Guy Martin.logo.txt for logo data.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): x exceeds max width
Aborted

What is wrong?
Also I am very new to this, and I wonder why no logo files and ini's per channel are widely available..
are we all trying to re-invent our own wheels?

0.93i has been released. 0.93i tries to avoid aborts due to faulty input.

Keep in mind that those std::out_of_range errors are caused by input files that are damaged.

logo files are dynamic....they will not match closely enough between episodes to be reusable. Using custom ini's per program/channel on the other hand may be useful.

I'm just starting work on 0.94 to fix issues that i know exist in 0.93.
(2014-11-13, 11:55)cbxbiker61 Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 15:59)menno Wrote: I wanted to use a logo file earlier generated from a show called Grand Desgins. Because
if i looked to that logo.txt it's much better than the one generated from Speed with Guy Martin.
I renamed Grand Designs.logo.txt to Channel_4.logo.txt
and ran
comskip --logo Channel_4.logo txt "Speed with Guy Martin.mkv"
I use the linux version.

I get this error;

Using Speed with Guy Martin.logo.txt for logo data.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): x exceeds max width
Aborted

What is wrong?
Also I am very new to this, and I wonder why no logo files and ini's per channel are widely available..
are we all trying to re-invent our own wheels?

0.93i has been released. 0.93i tries to avoid aborts due to faulty input.

Keep in mind that those std::out_of_range errors are caused by input files that are damaged.

logo files are dynamic....they will not match closely enough between episodes to be reusable. Using custom ini's per program/channel on the other hand may be useful.

I'm just starting work on 0.94 to fix issues that i know exist in 0.93.

Ok thanks, are you working together with Asharad?
I would suggest you do a regression test against the latest windows version to see if you guys are up to par!

Any place to donate?
(2014-11-13, 23:34)menno Wrote: Ok thanks, are you working together with Asharad?

Eh, no. I'm not doing anything. I said I started to look at it, and then quickly ran the other direction in fear. Sorry if I misled you.
I can't seem to uplink the SRPM but here is the spec file that worked on el7 for building comskip.
It makes some assumptions like GPL license and does not have all the bells and whistles.

Quote:Name: comskip
Version: 0.93i
Release: 1%{?dist}
Summary: Commercail Skip Creation Software for Linux

Group: media
License: GPL
URL: http://www.xilka.com/xilka/source/comskip-0.93i.tar.xz
Source0: comskip-0.93i.tar.xz

BuildRequires: tar
BuildRequires: automake
BuildRequires: autoconf
BuildRequires: libtool
BuildRequires: ffmpeg-devel >= 0.9
BuildRequires: argtable-devel
Requires: ffmpeg >= 0.9

%description

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure
make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install
make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}

%files
%doc
%{_bindir}/%{name}
/etc/%{name}/*

%changelog
* Fri Jan 09 2015 Bob Lightfoot <[email protected]> 0.93i-1
- initial packaging for el7
Built this and running a test now.

Thank you!
I'm having a hard time getting this to build. I've followed the instructions for building with static ffmpeg and argtable 2 and I am getting this error

Code:
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/ComSkipWork/comskip-0.93i'
gcc-4.9 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -g -O2 -std=gnu++11 -MT comskip-mpeg2dec.o -MD -
MP -MF .deps/comskip-mpeg2dec.Tpo -c -o comskip-mpeg2dec.o `test -f 'mpeg2dec.cp
p' || echo './'`mpeg2dec.cpp
mpeg2dec.cpp: In function `void {anonymous}::file_close()':
mpeg2dec.cpp:1631:32: error: `avcodec_free_frame' was not declared in this scope
   avcodec_free_frame(is->pFrame);
                                ^
mpeg2dec.cpp:1639:4: warning: `void av_close_input_file(AVFormatContext*)' is de
precated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1706) [-Wdeprecated-de
clarations]
  ::av_close_input_file(is->pFormatCtx);
    ^
mpeg2dec.cpp:1639:38: warning: `void av_close_input_file(AVFormatContext*)' is d
eprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1706) [-Wdeprecated-d
eclarations]
  ::av_close_input_file(is->pFormatCtx);
                                      ^
make[1]: *** [comskip-mpeg2dec.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/ComSkipWork/comskip-0.93i'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm on ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS 64-bit. Thanks for the help.

**edit a few minutes after the fact. I think I figured it out. I missed the -j8 in make and for some reason that was it.
Hey everyone,

i'm having a hard time trying to compile comskip for a Synology DS213+ (Qoriq based CPU).

Is anybody out there who has a working cross compile environment for a DS213+ with DSM 5.1 and is willing to do me this favor?

I'm trying for almost one year right now. But i just can't get it running......

Thanx in advance and hoping for your help....

seminox
Hi guys

I'm trying to compile for raspberry pi 2 raspbian, but I get a C++11 language features is required error.
I saw someone mentioned clang, is this the way to fix this?
thx
So I've installed gcc-4.9 to be able to compile this under raspbian, the way I've installed it leaves the default gcc in place.

Info on gcc-4.9 to solve C++11 errors:

For anyone else struggling here's my source:

https://blankstechblog.wordpress.com/tag/comskip/

https://solarianprogrammer.com/2015/01/1...-programs/

Switch the default to gcc-4.9 temporarily:

https://somewideopenspace.wordpress.com/...pi-wheezy/

Install libargtable manually as specified in first post.

Make the change detailed here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1677585
Change

avcodec_free_frame(is->pFrame);

to

avcodec_free_frame(&is->pFrame);

in mpeg2dec.cpp around line 1500 (I think)

- put your gcc and g++ back pointing to the original 4.6 versions.

I think that sums up all the problems I had.
I hate to be following my own post 3 times in a row, but can anyone tell me how to compile this into a .deb file so I can copy it to another system?
If I just copy the executable it starts complaining about missing stdc .so files.
thx
Will we ever see an update of the linux versus? I love this stuff but unfortunately its too far behind the windows release! Thanks anyway for all your efforts!
Quote:Can we rebuild a linux version off the latest windows?

I've ported the latest version of comskip to be POSIX compatible, and it now works on both mac and linux.

Furthermore, Erik has graciously accepted my patches back into the official version. This means all three major platforms can now use the latest and greatest comskip features.

You can build comskip for linux or mac directly from the git repository under Erik's account: https://github.com/erikkaashoek/Comskip
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip for Linux released6