OS X Problems connecting to SMB shares
I recently installed XBMC Frodo RC2 on a new Mac Mini (2012, Mountain Lion 10.8.2) and I am having lots of problems connecting to SMB shares on a Windows XP machine.

I have 13 shares spread out over 3 different sources, however it seems more or less random if I'm able to connect to them or not. One share path might work fine and then the next time I start XBMC it might fail to connect. This is really frustrating.

These are the kinds of errors I'm seeing in the logfile:

Code:
13:57:57 T:4665262080   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xbmc:xbmc@OLGA/K_TV
13:57:57 T:4665262080   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://xbmc:xbmc@OLGA/K_TV'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Sometimes I cannot even browse the computer with the shares:

Code:
14:01:43 T:4630409216   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xbmc:xbmc@OLGA
14:01:43 T:4630409216   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://xbmc:xbmc@OLGA'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

This happens whether or not I'm referring to IP or hostname of the share. The username and password are correct. All these shares connect perfectly from OS X Finder so there's not anything wrong with them. I have been using them from an XBMC Frodo RC2 Windows 7 install previously with no problems at all.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems connecting to SMB shares0