PseudoTV Channel List Issue
Hey guys,

Just started using PseudoTV and it's great... just running into a small snag. Here is my setup:

- Apple TV 2 running Eden XBMC
- 15mb Download ethernet connection
- Using "add to library" from 1channel app to populate my library (so I don't have to store locally)
- Create smartlist in my XBMC library to create "channels" for pseudotv
- In PseudoTV, I set channel type as playlist, then select the playlist from my library

This works fine... however, shows all seem grouped together too much. For example, if I have a channel of "cartoons", and have family guy, the simpsons, american dad and the Cleveland show, when I start pseudotv and look at the EPG, there will be 7 or 8 family guy episodes listed together before showing one episode of the Simpsons... then 7 or 8 more family guy, then an episode of american dad, then 7 or 8 more family guy... etc.

I would understand this is there were more episodes of one than another, but in the above example, there are way more episodes of the simpsons that of family guy, so that should be the most shown I would think. Another note is that it's not always the same show... sometimes it's blocks of 7 or 8 episodes of "The Cleveland show" or whatever when I start. It's not always the same.

I tried a few things to resolve it... I tried setting up hidden channels for each show, then interleaving them into my main channel... helped a little bit, but still showed more than others, and didn't help enough to limit the amount of shows I will be capped at to 200 or less. I also set "force random" on the channel, didn't seem to help either. Shouldn't it literally just take all the episodes from the playlist and show them randomly in the EPG? Why is it grouping everything together in "blocks of shows" with just a few exceptions scattered into the mix?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I also recently started messing around with PseudoTV, one of the best addons for XBMC Big Grin

Edit your channel and add the Advanced Rule: "Even Show Distribution" and set the "Same Show Eps in a Row" to 1 and it will only schedule one episode at a time.

My library has one category where one show outweighs all the other by about 10 to 1 and this rule saved me!
Thanks for the info. I do 't see either of those options under my advance channel rules in my channel manager. Where are they located? I also looked under program options and library playlist option... didn't see them there either.
I am running Frodo RC2 and the latest PseudoTV pre-stable version from his github, I am not sure if that is a new feature that was added later: https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...stable-pre

Perhaps the Even Show Distribution option is one he added since the last official release. Are you able to find the other advanced rules for your channels?
Yep, that was the problem... I was using the stable release on Eden. I downgraded from Frodo because I was having an issue where 1channel and Navi-X wouldn't play more than 1 or 2 shows without requiring a reboot... no problems with eden. Just upgraded pseudotv to the pre-stable and the option appears. Thanks! I'll play around with it and see if that solves my issue (I'm sure it will).

BTW... do you know if there is a way to add any links to online content from Navi-X or other programs besides 1channel? 1channel is the only decent source I've found for adding links to online content to my library (versus downloading it to my library). I'm using apple tv, so space is a concern, so the online links are better for me... just wish I could add from Navi-X. Thanks again.

UPDATE: Works pretty well, but now it pretty much just lists the same 2 shows in the channel, alternating one after the other in the EPG. The other shows in the playlist arn't really put into the mix. If I close PseudoTV and reopen it, I get the same results, sometimes with 2 different shows... lol... strange. Still... better than it was.
Hehe glad I could help. Looks like now you have two "heavy" series eating up your entire lineup... I have not had that problem yet, I wonder what can be done to solve such a situation.

I only use locally stored files on my NAS, so I cannot help with streaming, sorry.
Just upgraded to frodo and reinstalled PTV... now PTV won't recognize any pf my scraped library... even if I create a new playlist in XBMC, select that playlist in PTV's channel configuration... still can't find any media in my library. I know it's setup correctly because it picked everything up just fine before. I would chalk it up to a frodo issue but you say that's what you are using. Here is my setup...

1) Library is setup to monitor my /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.1channel/Movies directory (and tvshows directory too)
2) Checked my library and these directories show fine, and are populated with shows/movies
3) updated my library to be sure (this is the actual scrape procedure I assume)
4) For good measure, I created a new smart playlist, and added 3 shows from the tvshow directory above
5) in video/library, I viewed the newly created playlist and the 3 shows are there
6) "updated library" again for good measure
7) in PSD channel configuration, I set several channels to try different things. Channel 1, CBS (I have several shows in my library with studio tag CBS), Channel 2, custom playlist (that I setup), channel 3, TV show (I selected one from my library using the dropdowns).

None of them work... I get the "Cannot populate tv channels, make sure you have scraped media and configured your channels" message. It obviously sees my library, because it pre-populated my channel list with the correct networks, and allows me to select my tv shows using the dropdowns if I choose "tv show" as the channel type. What could I be doing wrong? Using the latest pre-stable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Channel List Issue0