Channels of one special MP Channel Group
Hi together,

the pvr plug in unfortunately impoet all channels when starting xmbc, In the TV server it is possible to activate or deativate different channels in one group. Seems to be that xmbc ignores this.

So I put alll my relevnat channels in a new group. I put the group name in XMBC configuration. Unfortunately now no channel is imported pvr addon is starting up.

Also I read that channel sorting is ignored by pvr api in the moment, is this true?

Thanks!

BR

Juro
Grouping works fine for me.. have you tried a group name with no spaces, and checked that the case matches (not sure if that's needed..)

I just made a group called 'XBMC' and then put all the channels I wanted in that, then in the addon configuration on one of the tabs, entered 'XBMC' as the group name (without any quotes) and it only uses the channels from there..

Channel sorting also seems to be working (in a fashion) - I'm using MP 1.3 Beta and there is a new column for channel number in the channels configuration - if you enter these (you need to do all of them) and then enable use backend channel numbers (i think that's what it's called) in the XBMC Live TV options, then it uses the correct order.
Just double checked and as Swifty already said. Importing channels a single group is working fine here.

Just curious: can you give an example of a group name that is not working for you? I'm not sure if I'm handling all special characters correctly.

With respect to the "deactivated channels". I will fix this in the next version of the TVServerXBMC plugin and the PVR addon. Right now the TVServerXBMC plugin indeed ignores the "VisibleInGuide" property of all channels.

Channel sorting is limited to "backend order" (order of the All Channels groups in MePo TVServer configuration) or "channel number" as indicated by Swifty.
Both sorting options are disabled by default in XBMC. You have to enable them under the Live TV settings.
See also: Wiki: Live TV General Settings
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2013-01-02, 14:14)Swifty Wrote: Grouping works fine for me.. have you tried a group name with no spaces, and checked that the case matches (not sure if that's needed..)

I just made a group called 'XBMC' and then put all the channels I wanted in that, then in the addon configuration on one of the tabs, entered 'XBMC' as the group name (without any quotes) and it only uses the channels from there..

Channel sorting also seems to be working (in a fashion) - I'm using MP 1.3 Beta and there is a new column for channel number in the channels configuration - if you enter these (you need to do all of them) and then enable use backend channel numbers (i think that's what it's called) in the XBMC Live TV options, then it uses the correct order.

Hi,
I used exactely the same name?! Did not work. Tested thsi with MP 1.2.3. Yesterdas i updated to MP 1.3 beta. I will ty again and come back here.

BR

Juro
Hi Margro,

just restored an older Image and found an old eden version with pvr support. Pvr support seems to be much better regarding performance chanell switching time < 2sec wirh Frodo > 5 which is a no go for daily use?
I know. Internal changes in XBMC cause the larger channel switch times. Main difference between Eden and Frodo is that XBMC now restarts the demuxer on a channel change to detect changes in video format/audio format and stream order. The demuxing of a live-tv stream from the MediaPortal pvr addon takes often more time than the actual channel switch time.
In my case: 2 s for switching and upto 5 sec for stream analysis inside XBMC.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Any chance to improve this within your next releases supporting Frodo? I think on windows plattform the Media Portal TV Server is a very solid environment. I made good experience over there years wirth the MediaPortal Tv Server.
Hi Margo,

I Heard that with argus TV switching time is much better, but I don`t want to use an new TV back end. Tos many risk no real power scheduling like in MP TV server, so again my question. Any chance to improve this?

Thanks
Juro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels of one special MP Channel Group0