Buffering Issue
I have been having buffering issues with several channels and was wondering if anyone can help.

The problem i have is that my satellite is not 100% aligned and some channels have a poor signal. The channels play fine on Nextpvr but when there is a slight loss of signal i get a bit of artificating and it corrects itself with out any break in playback.
Now the same thing on XBMC results in it going buffering and gets stuck buffering until I pause the channel. If i leave it, it will eventuially sort itself out or it hangs the channel resulting in me having to restart xbmc.
Is there anyway of stopping this behaviour in XBMC?

Windows 7 x86
nPvr 2.5.9 + R1 Patches + Nshared.dll
XBMC Frodo
Server & Client on same PC.
BUMP
I've seen a couple of reports of reports of XBMC behaving badly pausing etc when it strikes a reception problem in the transport stream. As far as I can tell this is more of a XBMC playback issue than a NextPVR addon issue. XBMC's transport stream playback is not great.
(2013-01-13, 04:06)sub3 Wrote: I've seen a couple of reports of reports of XBMC behaving badly pausing etc when it strikes a reception problem in the transport stream. As far as I can tell this is more of a XBMC playback issue than a NextPVR addon issue. XBMC's transport stream playback is not great.

Hi Sub. Mike over on the NextPVR forum explained that you had spent a lot of time getting the .ts streaming working near perfect on NextPVR and it does work very well as when the stream starts to error, in NextPVR I get just small glitches which are almost unnoticeable.
I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a small change in your XBMC plugin to have a delay between starting the .ts stream and xbmc playing it back? Something that user could control himself. The reason I think this may work is because when I pause the stream for a few seconds it plays back fine for a while until the next stream error.

Just wanted to add that apart from this small issue and the fact that I only entered into the world of HTPC's in the last few months. NextPVR has been so easy to setup and get working it's a testament to you and your guys working on the software. I will be making a donation as soon as the financial moth of hell has passed. Thank You. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering Issue0