• 5(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
Under Settings -> Sound -> you find the option HDMI passthrough.
You mean the system settings (there is an option and device support precondition) and i the stockplayer settings (there is no option). You need the option for the player too... like in xbmc available. That is the problem of the most Players in Android Market - no passtrough option.
Here's the official change log for the latest firmware:

- Solved the problem that repeatly input the same characters when pressing a key once on remote control.
- Solved 2.4G remote control can not be detected sometimes.
- Solved Mac address display bug.
- You will get audio when you click “listen to an example” in setting->language&input-text-to-speech output.
- Solved black screen problem while play mpeg audio files.
- Solved IR remote control can not call soft keyboard in Browser.
- Optimised mkv, mov video playback.
- Support live streaming playback.
- Solved CVBS can not be switched to YUV bug.
- Solved installation failed problem while installing apps in Google play store.
- Deleted the black bar while exit online video playback with full screen.
- Adding screenshots feature.
- Adding “HDMI auto output mode” option in Settings->Display, the box will detect and display with the highest resolution to match your TV automatically.
- Adding USB storage option in setting->storage.
- Support VPN.
- Press Zoom in/out button on remote control to Zoom in/out the screen in angry birds.
- You can locate the current position with Google Maps when Wi-Fi network is working.
- Ethernet will be connected first when you turn on WiFi and Ehternet at the same time.
- Support Skype video and audio call with external USB camera.
- Support external USB Bluetooth dongle.
- Add Geniatech DLNA (such as MediaCenter) function. You can install the other DLNA app (such as iMediashare) on android phone/tablet to share files between android phone/tablet and box.
- Enjoy 3G network when you connect external 3G dongle to Geniatech box.
found the problem: have to set in display-system-settings hdmi autoformat or 1920 50Hz, my choice was 60Hz... XBMC runs now without problems
(2013-01-16, 11:59)Darjk Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 19:05)bubblegum57 Wrote: In answer to people asking about 3TB drives. Mygica 510B plays movies via usb.

I am using a Seagate 3TB Expansion.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0084LZJ1M/re...two=&hvqmt=

Hey mate, did you have USB Debugging enabled by any chance to get it working?

The drive mounts okay and it can see the drive storage size and free space, but its only viewing 5 directories and maybe 10 files out of 1000+

My best bet is that the ATV1200 (20121210 firmware) is struggling with the AF partition alignment used in the external seagate enclosure.

@Darjk, sorry haven't replied before. I just plugged it in, browsed via mnt to the drive & added it to the library. Didn't use debugging.

guys great news - the latest firmware + pivos latest apk work like perfection, everything works, 1080p without hiccups, ac3 and dts pass through

its truly wonderfull
@Xardos
You really have DTS? I have only DD.
How did you connect your receiver? HDMI ?
Another thing is android footer, any chance to skip when watching full screen?
Thanks!
(2013-01-16, 23:06)Xardos Wrote: updatet to 130115:

-looks very fast & stable
-no ntfs-support (have to install paragon-ntfs)

-XBMC Version http://www.pivosforums.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/...010813.zip is working, AML-Player is starting, videofiles with all sounds(DTS,DD,DTS-HD) are playing (my Pioneer VSX-921 is switching the display !yeah!Cool), but now the problem: the file is playing, you can hear wonderful DTS-sound, but the screen is only black Sad if you press a remote key, the player-menu is visible. You can use the player, no crash, but a black screen.... Does anyone have any ideas ?Huh

@Xardos
I am using the 130115/xbmc010813 but plugged directly into a TV with HDMI cable and am getting sound and video. I have tested 1080p video and it works perfectly to my surprise. All video is smooth and all sound through my tv works fine. I will test plugging into my pre-amp to test output via the pre-amp.

Very happy with the setup now as it seems to work perfectly.
does netflix run fast on this system?
good news keeps on coming from geniatech:

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130115.zip

"I just tested xbmc 010813 apk version, the usage is higher than our version, and, this audio is software decode. Both video and audio are hardware decode on our xbmc version.If you have interesting, you can compare them."

I'll report back as soon as I test this

I have a geniatech 510b but with last release of pivos xbmc when start a movie nothing appear only audio.Someone help me?
cool! I will test the new version asap
(2013-01-19, 10:28)dreamers Wrote: I have a geniatech 510b but with last release of pivos xbmc when start a movie nothing appear only audio.Someone help me?

you have to set the display-settings in system to 1080p50Hz..
other problem:

1. the aspect ratio is´nt correct -> player options in xbmc are changing the screen bar sector only (movies are always rendered to fullscreen) - not the movie itself are changing - circles in movies look like eggs... ( /sys/class/video/axis have r/w permission)

2. movies running for a long time ok, then will the sound (HDMI passthrough, equally whether stereo or dts) after 20-30 minutes to the AVR Pioneer VSX-921 dropout. The AVR Display switched to stereo, an then i have video only, no sound.
(2013-01-19, 12:37)Xardos Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 10:28)dreamers Wrote: I have a geniatech 510b but with last release of pivos xbmc when start a movie nothing appear only audio.Someone help me?

you have to set the display-settings in system to 1080p50Hz..

From Android settings?
Thanks
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17