Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
We (my wife and I ) are really impressed what all can be done with this tiny box:

Using the Box with external Keyboard and Mouse works really good. Its a really cheap one with an usb transponder.
For the right keyboard layout I use "External Keyboard Helper".

- XBMC latest APK from XIOS (runs on a good level at least for me - lacks ISO-Support, hope this will change?). As a tip: At the moment WonderShare is a handy workaround for playing DVD isos; did not try it on BD iso. Plays nearly perfect from NAS and local USB disc up to 1080p. Only when the bitrate is extreme high the sound over optical cable gets out of sync.
- Watchever (its a german On Demand Video Provider) works nearly perfect with a very small stuttering on 1080p but smooth enough on 720p. You will need Root Keeper OTA for this!
- Beyondpod Video RS-Feeds (for my Wife to have Videos from YOGAMOUR) play really good.
- Bubble UPnP works great!
- AirPin (Airplay 'server') works good
- SqueezePlayer works good as expected - wish it had an autostart mechanism.
- full!screen+ has a feature to react on specific apps to hide the bar. Sadly sometimes the box boots without showing the bar, that should be make configurable.

All in all the box is very flexible and can be used for much much more than XBMC.

My personal cons are:

- No powerup from remote (my keyboard has a sleep button, sometime the box comes back from sleep by bashing space but most often not)
- Crashes sometime on boot - after reboot works smooth
- Inconsistent hide of info bar

(2013-02-18, 02:27)thebearnecessit Wrote: Thanks Davilla. I don't know what that means though, can you clue me in?

Google lead me here:

http://androidforums.com/5257731-post5.html

Interesting for me too. Maybe I can make the task/info bar permanent by using this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by -Riffer- - 2013-02-18, 12:42
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17