Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
edit: 3 months after these posts about this problem, a solution / workaround has been found: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1434501

i have no idea i'm afraid. i had a look at the folder that these two files are stored in to make sure that full access was allowed and the permissions seem to be fine.

no idea why sometimes you turn on the box and these two files are blank. is it maybe when the box is turned off with xbmc still open? i'll try and see if i can get any more info together later.

its difficult to get a log because i'm not sure when the problem accurs (ie when box is turned off, or when xbmc is exited properly or when the box is turned on).

in the meantime until its fixed properly i have a script working that will save the files to a backup location on my sdcard. i would then run this sript manuallly every time i make changes to my skin etc. then there is a seperate scipt that runs on boot than makes sure the two backup files are copied into the xbmc folder (this script is shown in a previous post by another user).

here is the script that copies the two crucial files out of the xbmc directory and into a backup flder i created:

cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/backup/guisettings.xml
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/sdcard0/backup/profiles.xml

at the moment this is what happens:

if i make changes in my skin etc
then i exit xbmc
use file explorer to make sure that the two files are not 0k in size (ie not empty)
run my backup script
then next time i boot up the machine a seperate script runs to make sure my new and updated backup files are copied to the xbmc directory so that xbmc uses them.

a pain in the ass, but the best i know how to do till a fix is made.

i'll just make most of my skin changes etc in one long sitting, and then hopefully won't have to make too many more on a regular basis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-03-01, 15:50
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17