Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
Hey guys... Storing thumbnail and meta data externally can be done a couple of different ways. The first and easiest is by going into the addons settings and simply changing the default storage path for that addon. This will save a lot of internal memory. The second and much more effective way across the board is to do a path substitution. This path substitution code is put into your advancedsettings.xml . For you who don't know, this is a file that overrides the settings in XBMC and must be created by you. It is placed in the usersdata folder. Learning how to create an advanced settings file is probably the number one way to harness the beast. She (XBMC) must follow your advancedsettings.xml commands.

I'll post the advancedsettings.xml I'm using within the next 24. I'm not using pathsub in my advanced settings right now but am going to incorporate it and test it before I post it. Pathsub is a powerful way to redirect the normal storage directory for almost any XBMC data. Coming soon. I promise.

I absolutely can not tell you which build I'm using!!! Lol. JK. Right now, I'm using a build extracted from MyGicas A6 latest firmware release. To do this I downloaded and installed the firmware....changed the language to English...then backed up the apk. After that, I flashed the unit back to latest Geniatech android build and installed the high jacked xbmc build. Copied and pasted my advanced settings. Implemented setprop and aspect ratio fixes/tweaks. Customized the XBMC interface through the standard UI settings. Done....mass creamy smooth buttery sd 720 1080 media flow. YES! Please note...I don't know that this build is all that much different from so many others out there. It works for me for now. I have a feeling it needs help in the audio and local network stream dept. but I know I can implement the fixes for that if required. The build I'm currently using is XBMC 12.0 Git:20130221-7aeee6d (compiled: Feb 23 2013). Again, if you think you have a better build, please share it. I know there's one out there. How about a 12.1 build for aml hardware acc?

On that note, look for my advanced settings post. I'll post it withing 24 after I double check the pathsub is working properly.

BTW: I noticed this thread is slowing up a little. Where's Davilla? We need someone to stoke the fire a little. That reminds me...thanks to Davilla for the subtle hints that helped me a lot. I like how Davillas avatar portrays a cool cat, but the cat is never really let out of the bag. Typical dev. Never show all of your cards. I mean that in the most respectful way.

HTPCFORALL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by htpcforall - 2013-03-27, 08:11
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17