Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
Hello thebearnecessit,
I need and would like to use your scripts. But I dont really now how to. Would you please give me directions?Appreciated.Thank you.

(2013-03-17, 21:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: with the atv1200 xbmc sometimes forgets skin and skin settings. this doesn't seem to effect most atv1200 users but it effect some of us for some reason!

but i find if i exit the xbmc app before powering the unit off then i dont get the problem. and i also DON'T have xbmc setup to start automatically with android on startup.

but if it does happen to you regularly then i have two scripts that can help you to recover your old settings:

script 1) backs up the two files that xbmc needs in order to remember your skin and skin settings
script 2) copies your two backed up files into the xbmc folder so that all your skin and skin settings are remembered

here is what script 1 looks like:
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/

here is what script 2 looks like:
cp /sdcard/stuff/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /sdcard/stuff/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

if anyone wants to use these scripts but isn't surre how then just post a message in this thread and i can try to help.

NOTE1: the system relies on you remembering to close xbmc and run script 2 every time you make skin changes. then you only ever need script 1 when xbmc forgets your settings.

NOTE2: the sdcard is called different things in each script. its not a typo, its just the only way i found it would work on my box.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by scorpio2013 - 2013-04-27, 20:45
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17