Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
another fix:

SOME FOLK HAVE HAD PROBLEMS CONNECTING XBMC TO SMB SHARES:

basically i have mounted the smb shares in android. that way in xbmc you don't have to try and connect to you smb share using the "Windows network (SMB)" type of source. You just connect to the local android folder where you smb shares files are mounted.

create a script file that mounts your share and save this file onto your android box. mine has one line in it
busybox mount -t cifs //192.168.1.6/[sharename] /sdcard/external_sdcard/mounted drives/bigPCmovies -o nounix,username=[username],password=[password]

you'll need to edit the username and password and ip address and sharename

you wil likely want to edit the 2nd path too (its the local location where you want the mounted files to be available)

download a couple apps (script manager and super user)

then just open script manager and open your script file. make sure boot and su are enabled. run the script and then use a file manager to see if your smb files are mounted.

once thats all done then your smb share should be mounted every time the box boots. just go to xbmc and "add videos" and navigate to your local android folder where you setup your mount.

i think thats it. these are not proper step by step instructions so if you are stuck then just reply to this thread and i'll give more detail.

this guy "Dee" was where i got the idea from and he briefly outlines his setup at the beginning and end of his post: http://infinitec.com/forum/viewtopic.php...7&start=20

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-06-03, 17:27
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17