Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
im not going to try directory bind because i got my issue fixed another way. i might try it down the line. at the moment i have my xbmc thumnails folder moved to my fast sdcard, but id like the whole of xbmc folders on there to see if thats even better.

quick update. my xbmc is working great now. when i open xbmc it takes about 3 seconds ans is usable straight away. my problem before was that xbmc was opening fine but the menus would get stuck if i tried to use them in the first minute and the thumbnails on the home screen (like recent movies for example) would take a full minute to appear.

i got a faster (class 10) sd card
I uninstalled xbmc and am sicking with confluence for now
i installed the latest nightly (unofficial user build) from the pivos android forum.
and setup my xbmc thumbnails to be on the new sdcard

i think my 60 second delay in xbmc becoming properly usable was because my previous sdcard with all my thumnails on it, was formatted to ntfs. i have since read that sdcards setup as ntfs can slow machines down. so my sdcard is formatted as fat32 now.

first skin i am going to try is "[mod] customizable confluence." also going to try one called "confluence modded vol2" although im sure i'll end up using the "quartz" skin again which imho is the best skin. its simple, dark, and well suited to android boxes because its a lights skin. home page is hugey customsable ie anything from favourites, so its great fr setting things up for easy access for the wife/kids/visitors etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-06-05, 10:53
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17