Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-07-07, 11:04)Bergl Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 23:34)bluemeane Wrote: ...
Can you show me what to put in this fileHuh As in what goes into the two lines. I have a folder on my external SD card titled "xbmc-data". So would I put the path to "userdata" in the android/ path and then the folder (and path) to the external SD card folder "xbmc-data"?
DO I just make a text file with only that in there and call it advancedsettings.xml?

Will this then show more than 1GB available?? It causes issues because I get messages about cache size when buffering, and when I have so many images and tv shows... It will stop scraping because it is full... But yet I have a 16GB sdcard that is almost empty.. Sad

my advancedsettings.xml :

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc_mediadata/</to> !--- << Folder on ext.SD-Card, in your case xbmc-data, not xbmc_mediadata
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

It´s a pure txt-file, created with Notepad++
no messages about cache or problems while fetching fanarts. I even think, scrolling through movies+series is smoother than before, without bucking.

Edit: After do this, you can copy the content of folder Thumbnails from intern to ext.SD-Card and delete the old one. new stuff will be written on ext.SD-Card in future.

Can I do this with everything? Would it help or hinder? As in the entire 'userdata' folder?

(2013-07-07, 11:04)Bergl Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 23:34)bluemeane Wrote: ...
Can you show me what to put in this fileHuh As in what goes into the two lines. I have a folder on my external SD card titled "xbmc-data". So would I put the path to "userdata" in the android/ path and then the folder (and path) to the external SD card folder "xbmc-data"?
DO I just make a text file with only that in there and call it advancedsettings.xml?

Will this then show more than 1GB available?? It causes issues because I get messages about cache size when buffering, and when I have so many images and tv shows... It will stop scraping because it is full... But yet I have a 16GB sdcard that is almost empty.. Sad

my advancedsettings.xml :

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc_mediadata/</to> !--- << Folder on ext.SD-Card, in your case xbmc-data, not xbmc_mediadata
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

It´s a pure txt-file, created with Notepad++
no messages about cache or problems while fetching fanarts. I even think, scrolling through movies+series is smoother than before, without bucking.

Edit: After do this, you can copy the content of folder Thumbnails from intern to ext.SD-Card and delete the old one. new stuff will be written on ext.SD-Card in future.

How do i do it for multiple paths? Do I just add another 'From and to'? Like this?

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/Thumbnails
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/addon_data
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by bluemeane - 2013-07-08, 18:28
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17