Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-09-06, 13:28)sakis Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 10:32)no8080 Wrote: The interesting point is for me, the video jumping and colour issues only occur when I enable the audio settings, if I leave the audio settings as the default 2.0 channels and HDMI as the output I never get the issues. I need to test whether it is the changing of the audio channels from 2.0 to 5.1 or 6.1 or if it is the audio output from HDMI that is the issue. This would explain why some people have never had these issues, as maybe they have left the audio settings to 2.0 channels.

I wonder if any another user had similar issue.
If it's the optical or coaxial that causes the problem, it is bad...
Please check on it and keep us informed because I'm about to purchase this device for its audio outputs.

I also bought this box solely on it's audio outputs, to pass the audio to my audio decoder.

I have put the latest firmware back on, the supplied XBMC with the firmware runs much faster, so I definately would not recommend running the pivios nightly builds at all. The menus are quicker and respond better to the remote control inputs.

I will have to be forced to watch yet another movie today to test the video output, it's a hard life, I will post later with the results of watching a movie. My test settings for today are, Android OS settings set to Coax Passthrough, XBMC audio settings set to 5.1, DD, DTS, LPCM, AAC passthrough. Files will be streamed via LAN cable from SMB share.

I am not sure it is a hardware coax issue as such, as passing 2.0 channel audio through the Coax works fine, I have to use the Coax as my TV has no sound system in it, I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through, the issue was far worse on the Pivios nightly, barely an issue on the supplied XBMC with the latest firmware. About 1 or 2 video skips per hour, the skip lasts for 3-4 seconds and then the video catches up. Only the Pivios nightly caused the green screen issues, since running the updated firmware I only get video skips now.

Neil

Messages In This Thread
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by no8080 - 2013-09-06, 13:50
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17