Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
I have the Mygica ATV120, which is the TV stick version and I'm finding it a little slow, but nowhere near as slow as the raspberry pi. which I struggled with on and off for several months and gave up with eventually.

I have a library of about 700 movies and 800 TV show episodes and it took me most of an afternoon to do the initial library update. This was over wifi. The unit is only a couple of feet away from the router. It takes about ten minutes now to do an update. I usually start an update and then do something else and come back to XBMC after 15 minutes or so, rather than twiddling my thumbs waiting. I don't try watching a movie while its updating, I think that's too much for its tiny brain to cope with.

Performance wise, it pulls movies off my D-Link NAS over the wifi and plays them back no problem (at 720p). I have a Revo/Win7 system too, but I find the ATV120 works fine and I don't have to navigate through Windows7 with a mouse just to run XBMC. More of an 'appliance experience'.

That's my experience anyway. Still a way to go but I think android boxes are the way of the future as the technology matures.

Messages In This Thread
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by selectortone - 2013-11-10, 21:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17