• 74(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2014-01-05, 04:47)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 04:01)nevrion Wrote: I tried to flash the box on Linux, but every time I've been waiting the 10 seconds immediately comes the droid and a loading bar.
After this, the box will reboot and stays in a black screen

Does anyone have an idea where the problem may be?

Thanks in advance, Nevrion

Have you followed this
[HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices

Ive just tried this newer linux build and its bricked my box. (ATV1200)

Can no longer get to recovery and when i turn on the box normally it just goes to an orange or pink or black screen.

Downloading the recovery files and hoping i can get it going again

EDIT: Ok got android going again FEW.
Dare i try again?
(2014-01-05, 10:53)fluxcapacitor Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 04:47)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 04:01)nevrion Wrote: I tried to flash the box on Linux, but every time I've been waiting the 10 seconds immediately comes the droid and a loading bar.
After this, the box will reboot and stays in a black screen

Does anyone have an idea where the problem may be?

Thanks in advance, Nevrion

Have you followed this

Can no longer get to recovery and when i turn on the box normally it just goes to an orange or pink or black screen.

Dare i try again?
You have to Flash spi for Linux first before you upgrade ....... ist not included in update file

(2014-01-05, 11:28)Biatsch Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 04:47)AuXBoX Wrote: Have you followed this

Dare i try again?
You have to Flash spi for Linux first before you upgrade ....... ist not included in update file
Or use my Dropbox Link .... all included just extract "FILES" in root of sd and start recovery with pin all will install automatically https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnbmgs4p2k1r4l...140102.rar
(2014-01-05, 04:47)AuXBoX Wrote: Have you followed this

Dare i try again?

(2014-01-05, 10:53)fluxcapacitor Wrote: Ive just tried this newer linux build and its bricked my box. (ATV1200)

Dare i try again?
Or use my Dropbox Link .... all included just extract "FILES" in root of sd and start recovery with pin all will install automatically https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnbmgs4p2k1r4l...140102.rar

I tried it with your upload but I have the problem continues

wait less than 2 minutes, the droid immediately, reboot, black screen

I can still boot into the bootloader and flash android, but I would like to flash linux

where can I find the linux spi?
MX_LINUX-STVMX-20140102 works ok .......

A few bugs are still present :

1. reboot kills smb Shares------ to fix go under Settings---Services-go into smb try changing Workgroup (just enter than go out) xbmc ask to reboot ......Wink reboot and all works again
2. Video Playback stucks sometimes (not really disturbing) but it CANT be Network related !!!!!!
3. dns in networksettings cant be saved ........ when u go out of the menu it will set again to local (tried changing in guisettings.xml didnt worked------ but worked in advancedsettings.xml but when u write in Adv... the
networkssettings will disapear in xbmc, just leave in dhcp and all is good)
4. return button on remote Exits addons on click in add-ons menues like YouTube...... my fix just press home button and than ok to go back in add-ons Wink
5. DVD-iso playback....... sorry it sucks Sad((
6. Box sometimes cant be shutdown from remote Wink............ is it possible to make .....standby Huh?? my box is still on
7. Upnp same Problem as smb has to be started and closed again if u only use the receiver Option
8. when u got chapters in mkv sometimes the 10min Forward wont work ;(( you have to press 30sec Forward first then it will work Smile))

seems the rest is working smooth (1080p.......)
iam daily using it !!!

PS:
FTP LOGON: root
PW: letmein
I think my english is my problem... i cant install linux...

1) i hold the update button, plugin the power..wait 10 secounds,
2) the box display a droid(1 secound)
3), blackscreen (2 secounds)
4) then droid with loadingbar (LED at this time is red)
5) Box reboot
6) Blackscreen (LED is Green)
(2014-01-05, 11:49)nevrion Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 10:53)fluxcapacitor Wrote: Ive just tried this newer linux build and its bricked my box. (ATV1200)

Dare i try again?

(2014-01-05, 11:28)Biatsch Wrote: You have to Flash spi for Linux first before you upgrade ....... ist not included in update file

I can still boot into the bootloader and flash android, but I would like to flash linux

just click on my dropbox link changed the zip file Wink))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnbmgs4p2k1r4l...140102.rar

(2014-01-05, 11:49)nevrion Wrote:

Dare i try again?

(2014-01-05, 11:28)Biatsch Wrote: You have to Flash spi for Linux first before you upgrade ....... ist not included in update file

just click on my dropbox link changed the zip file Wink))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnbmgs4p2k1r4l...140102.rar

(2014-01-05, 12:00)nevrion Wrote: I think my english is my problem... i cant install linux...

1) i hold the update button, plugin the power..wait 10 secounds,
2) the box display a droid(1 secound)
3), blackscreen (2 secounds)
4) then droid with loadingbar (LED at this time is red)
5) Box reboot
6) Blackscreen (LED is Green)

read description in rar file Wink
i think i have do it :/
(2014-01-05, 12:13)nevrion Wrote: i think i have do it :/
is it working Huh??

Here u find important Flashing-roms must HAVE!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q
i think it was a problem with my sd card, with an other card the box not boot instant... but know only red LED and nothing more Sad i think my box is know bricked..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

download bootcard Wink

read description in rar file do everything like it is written

wait when inserted it will be a black Screen for round about 2 min then it will Flash automatically

be Patient and wait

welcome back Android Wink

if this wont help u Need to burn Image via rs232 files and description included in rar file from dropbox

I received all Files from Geniatech Support Wink and both methods worked for me
can it be done from USB stick as my SD slot not reading any cards Sad ?
(2014-01-05, 13:39)Russellwrx Wrote: can it be done from USB stick as my SD slot not reading any cards Sad ?

dont think so (Huh), think its only for sd

but u can ask geniatech Support

PS: DONT FORGET WHEN U FLASH THINKS READ CAREFULLY THE DESCRIPTION WITHIN ZIP OR RAR FILES, FOLLOW THESE DESCRIPTIONS STEP BY STEP.... AND BE PATIENT DURING FLASH PROZESS CAUSE THERE MIGHT BE A BLACK SCREEN FOR A WHILE
Bootcard doesnt work for me, i think i must buy a TTL-Cable... thanks for your help
Things I've found is, it doesn't work with a usb sdcard reader
My 16gb sdcard couldn't be read
My 8gb sdcard worked fine

Make sure it's FAT32 not ntfs

I couldn't install the newer fresh linux installer, I had to installer the older one then use the newer linux update instead.

If you need to use the recovery boot disk, don't forget to run the little batch file ON THE SDCARD after copying the files over.
(2014-01-05, 16:21)fluxcapacitor Wrote: Things I've found is, it doesn't work with a usb sdcard reader
My 16gb sdcard couldn't be read
My 8gb sdcard worked fine

Make sure it's FAT32 not ntfs

I couldn't install the newer fresh linux installer, I had to installer the older one then use the newer linux update instead.

If you need to use the recovery boot disk, don't forget to run the little batch file ON THE SDCARD after copying the files over.

or use my Linux build i changed factory_update_param.aml to newer zip file Wink

thanks for the info i got an 8gb Card too
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17