Install XBMCLive over PXE?
I've got a Asrock ION 330 that simply will not boot off the built-in DVD drive. So, I thought I'd boot it via PXE and install XBMCLive Frodo RC2 via the network. I can get XBMCLive to boot over PXE no problem, but I can't get to the 'install' screen to install it to the hard drive, it simply boots into XBMC.

I'd like to install it on the hard drive as the network connection is a bit kitschy, so running it via NFS or iscsi is out of the question for now.

Anyone been able to do this?

maybe a simple fault...did you change the boot priority in the bios to boot from the dvd drive
(2013-01-02, 03:11)David1977 Wrote: maybe a simple fault...did you change the boot priority in the bios to boot from the dvd drive

Yep, I'm sure it's not booting off the drive. I've no idea why to be honest, the drive works fine otherwise. I'm wondering if it's something with the boot loader on the XBMCLive disc? In any event, I've moved on and now want to get the PXE loading to work, it's actually be kind of nice to be able to get it to work, not have to worry about drives, or anything any longer to install XBMCLive. Just a thought.
not the answer you were seeking, but if you put the xbmcbuntu iso on a flash drive, can you boot and install off that?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMCLive over PXE?0