RFC: Genre_translations.xml file location
Margro, would it be possible to locate the genre_translations.xml file in the XBMC userdata/addon_data/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver folder instead of addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver ?

As I've now figured out how you set the genre colours by editing this file, but as I use Openelec on some clients I cannot edit this file (since the addon packed with XBMC its located in /usr/share/xbmc/addons - but this area is not writable as most of the file system is read only..)

Openelec allows for the user to write to anything in the .xbmc folder (equivilent to <username>\roaming\xbmc on windows) so if the file was inside addon_data it would be user editable.
I guess that it would also mean the user changes to this file would be persisted over addon updates - I'm not 100% sure what would happen in its current location?
Shameless bump...
any chance this could be considered?
I've already implemented this in my development branch. I'm now first searching in the addon_data folders. See: this commit.
Not sure if we can still get this into Frodo.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Oh awesome! Big Grin

I had been watching the Frodo update branch so hadn't seen it.

Thanks for the hard work, the addon is currently the most stable setup i've tried so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RFC: Genre_translations.xml file location0