Solved Unable to compile Frodo RC3
Exclamation 
When compiling on Arch Linux using either the xbmc-beta PKGBUILD or the xbmc-git PKGBUILD, I received fatal compile errors relating to lib/libdvd/libdvdcss. Advice is appreciated.

Code:
Creating config.mak and config.h...
./configure: line 31239: ./configure: No such file or directory
configure: error: Submodule lib/libdvd/libdvdcss failed to configure

Find the complete config.log here.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
I don't know how Archlinux works but when compiling "manually" you need to run ./bootstrap before configuring, otherwise you'll get issues like yours.
Thanks for the info, negge. With Arch Linux, a PKGBUILD file is a bash script type of config file for the package manager. In this case, the bootstrap script is called prior to the configure step:

Code:
./bootstrap
export PYTHON_VERSION=2  # external python v2
./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-optimizations --enable-gl --enable-sdl --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-xvba --enable-joystick --enable-xrandr --enable-rsxs --enable-projectm --enable-x11 --enable-pulse --enable-rtmp --enable-samba --enable-nfs --enable-afpclient --enable-ffmpeg-libvorbis --enable-dvdcss --disable-hal --enable-avahi --enable-webserver --enable-optical-drive --enable-libbluray --enable-texturepacker --enable-udev --enable-libusb --enable-libcec --enable-external-libraries --disable-external-ffmpeg
make
Here is the output of the bootstrap step.
I'm sorry I have no idea what the problem is. Have you tried cloning from git and compiling manually?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xbmc-git/

It says there fixed libdvdcss issue... Wink

Use that.

uNi

@uNiversal - Yep. Arch Linux is a rolling release and since automake is on version 1.13, we use it. Seems as though xbmc expects an older version which is the source o f the error. Anyway, this problem is solved.

Code:
(cd lib/libdvd/libdvdcss; sed -e 's/AM_CONFIG_HEADER/AC_CONFIG_HEADERS/g' -i configure.ac)
mark thread as solved then... Big Grin TIA

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to compile Frodo RC31