script.common.plugin.cache error
The add-on authors know about this now and it should be fixed shortly.
Worked for me as well.Thanks.
(2013-01-05, 13:09)Walt74 Wrote: This solution posted by jarryd solved it for me. Thank you for pointing it out

(2013-01-05, 05:38)jarryd Wrote: I too was having some 100% CPU usage randomly out of nowhere, and after having a snoop around the code itself I found a few 'bug fixes' for OSX 10.8 with Frodo RC2/3:

- ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.common.plugin.cache/ needed to be created
- Turns out the default path used for POSIX does not relate to a usable socket file on OSX. What I've done is instead of creating a socket in the user's profile dir (which like above results in a long-ass folder structure), I've created a socket in XBMC's temp dir which should return ~/.xbmc/temp.

All it requires is to edit lib/StorageServer.py and replace line 140:
Code:
self.socket = os.path.join(self.xbmc.translatePath(self.settings.getAddonInfo("profile")).decode("utf-8"), 'commoncache.socket')

With this:
Code:
self.socket = os.path.join(self.xbmc.translatePath('special://temp/').decode("utf-8"), 'commoncache.socket')

how do you access the file? : lib/StorageServer.py ??

IGNORE ME: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
looks like the script.common.plugin.cache file has now been updated to 2.5.1 and now seems to be working! Smile (the version I had a problem with was 2.5.0)
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
Just make sure the add-on has been updated (if you don't have auto updates for add-ons turned on), since that fix has now been applied to the actual add-on itself.

EDIT: ah, never mind :)
(2013-01-08, 21:38)pangster Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 13:09)Walt74 Wrote: This solution posted by jarryd solved it for me. Thank you for pointing it out

(2013-01-05, 05:38)jarryd Wrote: I too was having some 100% CPU usage randomly out of nowhere, and after having a snoop around the code itself I found a few 'bug fixes' for OSX 10.8 with Frodo RC2/3:

- ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.common.plugin.cache/ needed to be created
- Turns out the default path used for POSIX does not relate to a usable socket file on OSX. What I've done is instead of creating a socket in the user's profile dir (which like above results in a long-ass folder structure), I've created a socket in XBMC's temp dir which should return ~/.xbmc/temp.

All it requires is to edit lib/StorageServer.py and replace line 140:
Code:
self.socket = os.path.join(self.xbmc.translatePath(self.settings.getAddonInfo("profile")).decode("utf-8"), 'commoncache.socket')

With this:
Code:
self.socket = os.path.join(self.xbmc.translatePath('special://temp/').decode("utf-8"), 'commoncache.socket')

how do you access the file? : lib/StorageServer.py ??

IGNORE ME: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py
sounds daft...how do you count down to line 140..?
(2013-01-09, 09:10)JamieL123 Wrote: sounds daft...how do you count down to line 140..?

You text editor should show you.

you don't need to change anything anymore.. just make sure you are using 2.5.1 on Frodo and 1.5.1 on Eden
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-09, 09:23)Martijn Wrote: you don't need to change anything anymore.. just make sure you are using 2.5.1 on Frodo and 1.5.1 on Eden

ah seems to be working.....

for future reference...how would I know what version I am on...? where do you look..?
Settings -> add-ons -> enabled add-ons
Hmmm, I've had this problem for over a year now. I've tried a fresh install of XBMC on my OSX machine and still the problem persists. I've looked at StorageServer.py and it has the fix discussed. I'm on 2.5x, but this machine, my main media machine, has always had this problem. It used to be an OSX Server, but is now running 10.8 standard...

17:59:31 T:4576002048 NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : ''
17:59:31 T:4576002048 NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : 'Deleting stale socket file : /Users/media/.xbmc/temp/commoncache.socket'
17:59:31 T:4576002048 NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : 'Done: u'/Users/media/.xbmc/temp/commoncache.socket''
17:59:31 T:4576002048 NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.2] '_startDB' : 'sql3 - /Users/media/.xbmc/temp/commoncache.db'
17:59:31 T:4576002048 NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.2] 'run' : 'Exception: error(22, 'Invalid argument')'
17:59:31 T:4576002048 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /Users/media/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/resources/language/english, fallback to strings.xml

Any pointers appreciated :-)
read the forum rules. no logspam on the forum and partial logs are useless
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

I also have this issue for several months now. Upon starting XBMC 12.2 on OSX 10.8.5 I get the "failed to load commoncache" error message. I have already searched the forums, deleted commoncache.db etc. but no luck.

I also have XBMC 12.2 running on OS X 10.7.5, but here the error does not occur.

I have uploaded my XBMC log here (http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=95271). The storageserver part starts at line 321, and shows an error on line 331, but I do not know what to make of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.common.plugin.cache error1