any way to change .backdrop.jpg to fanart.jpg quickly
Like is there a tool that will change lots of files named backdrop to what xmbc uses or is there anyway to use my .backdrop.jpgs with xmbc?

I have alot of movies that were fetched for Media Browser and would like to try XMBC but changeing every backdrop would be a just a nogo lol

Btw hi all newbie here
Hi and Welcome. There are lots of apps for all platforms that can rename your files in a blinc of an eye. Just do a google search and I am sure you will find one for your platform. On the Mac I use an app called "A better finder Rename "
Im on windows so is there noway for xmbc to display backdrop.jpg files no?
Maybe you can fix it by editing the the Advancedsettings.xml.

Read about it here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...Cfanart.3E
A simple one-line script will do that, so why look for a program?

This will rename all backdrop.jpg to fanart.jpg in all subdirectories, just place it a file call for example renameallbackdrops.cmd and run it.

Code:
for /f "tokens=*" %%x in ('dir /s /b backdrop.jpg') do ren "%%x" "fanart.jpg"
(2013-01-06, 02:50)kaffekask Wrote: A simple one-line script will do that, so why look for a program?

This will rename all backdrop.jpg to fanart.jpg in all subdirectories, just place it a file call for example renameallbackdrops.cmd and run it.

Code:
for /f "tokens=*" %%x in ('dir /s /b backdrop.jpg') do ren "%%x" "fanart.jpg"

sorry im clueless about this could you tell a bit more about how I do this I do now want XMBC full time after experimenting for a bit
Flexible Renamer

Screenshot and link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1288667
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
any way to change .backdrop.jpg to fanart.jpg quickly0