• 4(current)
Change channel really slow
Is it possible to get the "fix" into and OpenElec system?
Thanks for your work on this, it works great.

One issue though, I'm using "Adjust display refresh rate to match video (On start/stop)". So when I start Live TV it changes from 60Hz to 50Hz. With this build the refresh rate switch does not occur instantly. When I start Live TV the channel starts playing but the refresh rate change takes a couple of seconds to kick in resulting in a black screen for a second when the refresh rate change occur. This also happens every time I change the channel from the Timeline EPG, but not if I change the channel from the "PVRChannelsOSD"
(2013-03-24, 20:38)margro Wrote: @Dakkar: the change is not specific for the MediaPortal PVR addon, so there is a good chance that it will also work for DVBViewer. Just try it and report back if it works or not. All standard PVR addons are included in this build.
Tested.
I must say I cannot see any improvement.
But, to be honest, I was already quite happy with DVBViewer (ca. 2 secs here).

Dakkar
(2013-03-24, 21:22)macardi Wrote: Thanks for your work on this, it works great.

One issue though, I'm using "Adjust display refresh rate to match video (On start/stop)". So when I start Live TV it changes from 60Hz to 50Hz. With this build the refresh rate switch does not occur instantly. When I start Live TV the channel starts playing but the refresh rate change takes a couple of seconds to kick in resulting in a black screen for a second when the refresh rate change occur. This also happens every time I change the channel from the Timeline EPG, but not if I change the channel from the "PVRChannelsOSD"

That's a different story. On h.264 streams fps is not necessarily coded in the parameters which can be parsed. Either you know it in advance or you measure it. Since we skip find_stream_info now, we postpone detection until video player measures it.
so cool !!!! work very fine for me: argus server + win 7 client.
timeshifting ok. thank for this big fix.
I tested this quickly this morning.

- Media Portal - Was Quicker
- ArgusTV - No difference.... still 3 sec roughly
- NextPVR - No different, still stlow and actually locked up on channel change.
- DVBViewer - No difference. But i think dvbviewer works differently, so these ffmpeg changes may not take effect using DVBViewer.

Maybe i need to do a fresh install.

I'll have to test again later in the week as i'm away for work now, won't be back for a few days.

Thanks guys,
Loggio.
Regarding NPVR: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...ange-speed
(2013-03-25, 00:28)loggio Wrote: - NextPVR - No different, still stlow and actually locked up on channel change.
Odd. It doesn't sound like you've installed this new build, because this new build made a huge difference with NextPVR. My channel changes are about a second now. I'd expect you'd see a very noticeable change as well. You probably want to be running the new 2.6.2 release.

What device are you using, and how long are you channel changes taking? If you're using a digital tuner like DVB-S/T/C or ATSC/QAM, then you should have noticed difference. I guess it could still be slow if you're using IR blasters to control a set top box, but it'd still have sped things up by several seconds.
I'm using a USB dvb-t dual tuner. It works quite well. However, Sub3... I wouldn't worry too much about what i said earlier, i didn't give it much of a 'test' so to speak. Just a quick try, and they were the results. However, when i get back home at the end of the working week i'll definately be spending a lot of time with each backend and give proper results. i will do a complete fresh install of XBMC as well.

Cheers,
Loggio.
On my system with dvbviewer my channel changes are much faster. I was holding off on using pvr addon because of slow channel changes in addon vs dvbviewer but now its much faster for me, thanks!
Ok found time to test with my mediaportal dvb-t setup. Working great so far, probably 4-5 sec between channels, about 2-3 seconds if switching to one on the same frequency as current. But does anyone else get "buffering" for a moment before playback starts?
I'm also getting a short buffering period with a USB DVB-T receiver and MediaPortal. I'm not seeing this with my DVB-C PCI card.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Running MP 1.3 server with IPTV as TV sources. I get faster channel changes 3-5seconds, but 1-2 sec. with buffering it shows a picture from the channel, but playback does not start immediately could this be tweaked somehow? On my providers STB channel change is max 1 sec.. Mediaportal server running on same pc as XBMC. Great WORK!

Timeshifting on C-drive and it is a SSD

PC is Win 7 - 64bit - AMD X4 955BE slightly overclocked.
(2013-03-25, 10:13)margro Wrote: I'm also getting a short buffering period with a USB DVB-T receiver and MediaPortal. I'm not seeing this with my DVB-C PCI card.

My card is PCI if it matters. The buffering period is short so not a huge deal but its removal would be good for WAF
You can experiment with minaudiocachelevel and minvideocachelevel in advanced settings (pvr section). Those are responsible for the buffering. If those are too small a/v players may stall.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2