• 7(current)
Change channel really slow
(2013-04-10, 01:56)AlterOdin Wrote: Yeah, thanks for the build margo. Channel switching is excellent.

One thing though. When I set it to fast channel switching (not stop timeshift), it works fine switching back and fourth for about 20-30 min, but when changing after this (a certain timeframe, length of the timeshift file maybe?) it always starts at the beginning of the timeshift file (regardless of channel). Closing and opening the channel fixes it for the next 20-30 min. No problem if fast channel switching is off.

I was wondering if this is a common problem and if there is any resolution to my configuration that might fix it?

Cheers

Edit*: Seems R3N3 have a similar problem.. Try to turn off fast channel switching if its on.

definitly a common problem, as stated about 2 posts up from you. It's been around for a while. Margro knows about, so a fix will be in the works (eventually). So you're not alone here. for me it only takes about 5 minutes of watching a channel for that to happen. For now just turn that option off and use it without.
Cheers,
Loggio.
Anyone know if the fixes in Margro's build are making it into 12.2?
This should fix reset of refresh rate when changing a channel via EPG:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...ad4bfe619b
Yesterday, the ffmpeg 1.2 update was merged into XBMC. Is this enhancement already based on ffmpeg 1.2 and if no is there a way to merge it with the current master?
(2013-04-12, 07:18)sukceso Wrote: Yesterday, the ffmpeg 1.2 update was merged into XBMC. Is this enhancement already based on ffmpeg 1.2 and if no is there a way to merge it with the current master?

*sigh*
can't you guys have any patience? Some of the devs have more to do you know ....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do have any patience and also appreciation for what the developers do. Didn't want to sound offending to anyone. Sorry if it was interpreted this way.
The margro windows build has been working great for me with a NPVR backend and HDHR Prime tuner

Does anyone know what was included in this build? I'm trying to decipher what is written here in the forums, but I can't tell what made it into the margro windows build in this thread.

Was it this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2373

Or this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1757

Or something else?
@Dark_Slayer: my build contains an early version of pull request 1757 (FernetMenta's changes).

@sukceso: part of the required change was merged with ffmpeg 1.2. The remaining parts are pending for inclusion in the current merge window (pull req. 1757).

@username145: the changes are not even included in "master", so a backport to 12.2 is probably not on Davilla's list.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2013-04-15, 21:48)margro Wrote: @Dark_Slayer: my build contains an early version of pull request 1757 (FernetMenta's changes).

Thanks for clarifying, looks like it merged 2 days ago
That's was just the base for enabling fast channel switches. The final piece was not part of this pr.
(2013-05-07, 21:20)FernetMenta Wrote: That's was just the base for enabling fast channel switches. The final piece was not part of this pr.
Huh

Oh well, thanks and keep up the great work. I'll get it when I get it, until then I'll stick with margro's build

Gotta admit following too closely makes me feel like a cartoon horse endlessly chasing the carrot on a stick, I'll retreat back to blissful ignorance
Just to double check a couple things about margo's build?

I am using a build of xbmc 12.0 with spotify integrated. if i simply install this build (that margo posted above) would i lose my spotify version/stuff?

if think that's right, and if so, is there no way of having these changes at the moment with spotify too?
I've tried the build in this thread and it makes a HUGE improvement to the channel change times. However, it kills my BBC Iplayer and ITV player add-ons.
I now get the "could not fetch URL" errors which I read are normally present in a nightly build.
Is there anyway round this other than reverting back to the standard build (which I have done for the time being and I don't like it now)
Is the only way to get this added functionality to use the 12.1 build in this thread or does it exist in a current nightly of some sort? I am already on 12.2 and I would rather move "toward" 12.3 than back to 12.1 if possible. I don't really understand all the code/branch/commit structure stuff for XBMC so I have no idea if I'm even asking the right question.
(2013-05-17, 23:54)werkkrew Wrote: Is the only way to get this added functionality to use the 12.1 build in this thread or does it exist in a current nightly of some sort? I am already on 12.2 and I would rather move "toward" 12.3 than back to 12.1 if possible. I don't really understand all the code/branch/commit structure stuff for XBMC so I have no idea if I'm even asking the right question.

Margo built 12.2 here:

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...html#frodo
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2